Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Puig Inception Auto Conspiracy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So since u two are in the know, out of curiosity, what typically is the most topps pays a top of the line prospect for his auto?

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
What maybe happening is Puig's agents are in the process of renegotiating a possible signing contract - meaning the price per autograph has increased from the start of the season, so it may take longer for stickers or actual cards to be signed.

Just my random guess.

Or that might mean they never get signed at all, as It gives Topps the perfect way out. Topps has us by the balls in this scenario since we can't prove that they never intend/attempt some of these higher priced guys to sign.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Or that might mean they never get signed at all, as It gives Topps the perfect way out. Topps has us by the balls in this scenario since we can't prove that they never intend/attempt some of these higher priced guys to sign.

Why would Topps want him not to sign? He's the perfect storm for them. They can make a million cards of his and they will still be worth a mint as long as he performs. He's the ticket to them selling out every product this year, and he will make the year very profitable for them, even if he asks for more than most rookies. Redemptions do not have the same excitement, especially if people see they are not getting fulfilled and the backlash would be unbelievable (forgetting about what they'd go through having to replace those cards). Topps will do everything in their power to get these cards made.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I wouldn't put anything past them at this point.

I am so sick of Topps and their BS. Raised hell last month and demanded all my redemptions be replaced. Now that they have, I will not buy another product of theirs that contains redemptions. My wallet is thanking me already.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Why would Topps want him not to sign? He's the perfect storm for them. They can make a million cards of his and they will still be worth a mint as long as he performs. He's the ticket to them selling out every product this year, and he will make the year very profitable for them, even if he asks for more than most rookies. Redemptions do not have the same excitement, especially if people see they are not getting fulfilled and the backlash would be unbelievable (forgetting about what they'd go through having to replace those cards). Topps will do everything in their power to get these cards made.

Backlash or not, as long as topps gets the sale, why would it matter if they deliver on their "promise?"

Lets play into this for a second...Produce press and interest in your product and later produce the redemption and later unfulfilled...you sold your inventory and thats the bottom line right?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Backlash or not, as long as topps gets the sale, why would it matter if they deliver on their "promise?"

Lets play into this for a second...Produce press and interest in your product and later produce the redemption and later unfulfilled...you sold your inventory and thats the bottom line right?

This assumes the product wasn't already sold out or wouldn't have sold out before Puig was announced. Can you demonstrate this?

I'm all for a healthy analysis of the business practices of sellers... but there isn't enough of anything to build a conspiracy theory against Topps in this particular case, even if the card never gets made.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Has any Harper, Trout, or Strasburg redemption gone unsigned?

I have a Harper redemption from last year that hasn't been fulfilled and he has live autos in newer products. Topps doesn't care about old products. They want to sell the next one.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sawmillthug

Dec 21, 2012
Chillicothe, MO
I have a Harper redemption from last year that hasn't been fulfilled and he has live autos in newer products. Topps doesn't care about old products. They want to sell the next one.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I am still waiting on a Harper 2012 bowman chrome auto and there are a ton of them live and have been for a few months. I assume I will get screwed.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Interesting observation in that this seems to be the flipper's mantra. Technically Topps is the biggest flipper LOL.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
They paid 100.00 .. Believe it or not, I think he is turning down deals at 100.00 now!!!

Right, but he had the Topps deal in place long before right? I assume they are paying far less than $100 per though since they are paying in bulk x 100 with their product lines for the rest of the year.

Silly that he would turn down $100 for less than a second of work....

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Topps teased inception images, including puig, in early january, well, well before he could command crazy $ for his autos.

Tim27

Sep 16, 2008
Airydale, PA.
Since Hendrix died at age 27, Puig (age 22) should have another 5 years of baseball left until Topps is forced to send out the Puig-redemption replacements.:eek:

Well I would buy a box but knowing how topps is turning out to be there is probably a redemption card for a pack of the cards you were shorted in your box of cards to go along with the redemption card for an autograph that was not signed because someone at topps failed to keep on the athletes not signing their cards but they figure to make it up to you by sending you the 99th round pick autograph of some guy from the backwoods of Louisiana who was a gold medalist in dodge ball.

Members online

Latest posts