Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ohtani Needs TJ Surgery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Let's not jump the gun.

Ken Rosenthal [MENTION=11748]ken[/MENTION]_Rosenthal
#Angels GM Billy Eppler: “There have been no changes in Ohtani’s diagnosis and neither our physicians nor medical staff have recommended (Tommy John surgery) or said it’s likely.”
Okay....Best regards, David

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Likely done to all of next year

or done well beyond that if he continues to delay getting the *recommended* TJ surgery. There doesn't appear to be a reason he can't just DH the rest of this season and save Topps and Panini and their distributors/hobby shops.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
It may effect wax prices a little bit, but let's not forget some people are calling Ronald Acuna a once-in-a-generation player.

Yeah, Acuna rookie autos are going for good money and we all know prices of 5-tool players with plus-plus power potential who get the call before turning 21 can definitely increase over time. Hell, his value could continue to grow in the final month or two (if he makes the postseason) of baseball the way he's been hitting balls outta the ballpark lately. At the moment his Topps Chrome base auto is hitting 200 or slightly higher which is only about a 100 less than a Topps Chrome Ohtani auto.

Then there is Juan Soto & Gleyber Torres who are not quiet at Acuna's level (in terms of hobby value) but if Topps puts out products that have autos of all three of them (Soto, Acuna & Torres) with or without an Ohtani auto (at the TJ depleted prices) I'd say that's still more than enough to carry their 2018 products.

Are Acuna and Trout in different generations?

Trout has obviously been the best in the game for the last 8 or so years so he certainly falls under that "once in a generation player" category but considering Trout is 7 years older & by the time he's in his mid 30's reaching those regression years (typically around 32-34) Acuna will still be in his prime years so yeah, I'd say he's a different generational player. Acuna is next gen.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Yeah, Acuna rookie autos are going for good money and we all know prices of 5-tool players with plus-plus power potential who get the call before turning 21 can definitely increase over time. Hell, his value could continue to grow in the final month or two (if he makes the postseason) of baseball the way he's been hitting balls outta the ballpark lately. At the moment his Topps Chrome base auto is hitting 200 or slightly higher which is only about a 100 less than a Topps Chrome Ohtani auto.

Then there is Juan Soto & Gleyber Torres who are not quiet at Acuna's level (in terms of hobby value) but if Topps puts out products that have autos of all three of them (Soto, Acuna & Torres) with or without an Ohtani auto (at the TJ depleted prices) I'd say that's still more than enough to carry their 2018 products.

Trout has obviously been the best in the game for the last 8 or so years so he certainly falls under that "once in a generation player" category but considering Trout is 7 years older & by the time he's in his mid 30's reaching those regression years (typically around 32-34) Acuna will still be in his prime years so yeah, I'd say he's a different generational player. Acuna is next gen.

Reminds me of a center fielder who had a " a particular set of skills " for the Braves in the mid 90's. How did that turn out? If the Brave's make the playoffs. START SELLING.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts