Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Jan 2020! (balls drop edition)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
GL on the job search, or else you will be eating miners lettuce + sardines with Mr. Haste. :|

Pacific was a badass brand. I wish they were still around.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I forgot you're a bit higher than the rest of us, I tried to choose an edible plant that grows everywhere in western US, but your altitudes might be too much.

this is the main one, but
Montia_perfoliata_ATTRIBUTE_miheco.jpg

this is the one that's most common around me
MinersLettucw.png

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
This made me search for astros animated gifs. I didn't find any trash can banging but it doesn't matter - nothing can top this one. FCB doesn't let me upload the animated gif, but this still image says it all. The Jonathan Villar Butt Slide.

astrobutt.jpg

I was actually a fan of the astros during their world series run. I kind of liked their comraderie, their swag, and most of all that *clutch hitting*. But when we take away that third one, well the rest of it doesn't really mean much.

I'm also wondering where all the NC'ers ran off to, we need replacement refs! Or maybe we just bang the trash cans until they show up? :lol:

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Ha! Miner's Lettuce. Montia perfoliata. Cool. Duly noted. The USDA plant database says it does grow here in Colorado.

Personally, my favorite edible plant plant is cactus fruit. Pincushion varieties in particular. But I'll stop geeking out now, after all it's a sportscard site :).

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
For new NC blood I nominate [MENTION=24348]walt_altmen[/MENTION] . He seems to have been previously on a site that wouldn't allow discussion of the PSA t****** on the Wagner 8?!?!?! That's been the most important and far reaching story since I've gotten into the hobby, any group who tries to suppress it must be corrupt IMO.

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ha! Miner's Lettuce. Montia perfoliata. Cool. Duly noted. The USDA plant database says it does grow here in Colorado.

Personally, my favorite edible plant plant is cactus fruit. Pincushion varieties in particular. But I'll stop geeking out now, after all it's a sportscard site :).

I've never had one of those before. Where I'm at there are some fields that more miners lettuce than grass. What elevation are you at? I'm basically sea level.

I was in awe of the Astros run and enjoyed it as well, it felt legit too considering the slow rebuild to get a lot of their talent.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Astros hire Dusty Baker! Is this a part of their punishment? :lol: I'm unaware of the complete history of MLB, but Hinch to Baker might be the biggest downgrade ever. [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION]

Miner's Lettuce ? I thought you were talk about Dandelion leaves or some weird southern sh*t, boiled okra, fried pigs ears. :lol:

Yeah there's a lot of dandelion to eat as well. I can't recall ever having okra though. Going to New Orleans would be my one vacation goal someday.

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
I nominate anyone who will pop in and talk sh!t now and then :)

For new NC blood I nominate [MENTION=24348]walt_altmen[/MENTION] . He seems to have been previously on a site that wouldn't allow discussion of the PSA t****** on the Wagner 8?!?!?! That's been the most important and far reaching story since I've gotten into the hobby, any group who tries to suppress it must be corrupt IMO.

you trim jobs rang?

(in good spirits)

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
you trim jobs rang?

(in good spirits)

I was going to respond to the thread where you ask if its ok to talk about trimming, but I found it too funny that is said "reply 0, read 80" because it made the topic look even more controversial. :lol: In reality we did talk about it here, so everything's fine.

Now, I can't remember how the saga ended. Did someone go to jail? That's what was in the news at the time but idk.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Whew, I haven't posted much in the NC hours lately, I've missed alot between eating awful plants and trim jobs for everyone.
Banjar I'm with you, I'm starting a job hunt, after 12 years I'm back on the market. I'm actually looking forward to starting my second act though.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I needed to have my belly shaved for surgery back in November. Does that count as a trim job ? It was sort of fun. Took 2 nurses to do it. I didn't mind that part. :eek:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I needed to have my belly shaved for surgery back in November. Does that count as a trim job ? It was sort of fun. Took 2 nurses to do it. I didn't mind that part. :eek:

I've always been leery of 3somes. It seems like one lady would distract you and the other rob you. Idk, whatever floats your boat! ;)

Banjar I'm with you, I'm starting a job hunt, after 12 years I'm back on the market. I'm actually looking forward to starting my second act though.

Good luck on the hunt! Maybe you could work at the waxing salon Finest goes to. :lol:

Members online