Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Russell Wilson 2014 bowman rangers card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Topps said this will be limited.

Attachments

• 1390065192421.jpg
    1390065192421.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 177

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
4 years too late for a baseball issue of him:

$_57.JPG

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I don't like this at all. Obviously he's a quarterback and not baseball player. I know he was drafted and everything, but after he signed with the Seahawks and started playing don't release a baseball card of him. Looks like they are just trying to capitalize on his fame now. No problem with a card released when he played minor league ball, but no reason to have one now. He's been in NFL for few years now.

This notice is required by law.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
He never played any game for the Rangers or any affiliate of theirs. Having him in a Rangers uniform is stupid. He played all of his 93 minor league games under Rockies teams.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Seems like this idea is not getting much support, imagine if leaf made it!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Odds of a similar Kaepernick pretty high then? Just seems like this would make more sense as a base Topps SP with other former athletes or first pitch subjects than being in a Bowman product years after his actual draft having never been an MLB vet

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think BG would have made this card.

Honesty is the best policy... I might have... But, not in a rangers jersey (maybe I would have airbrushed on an m's jersey)..
Or done a photo shoot and had him do the Bo knows pose.... BG

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I could see if they made a card with a Mariners uniform of when he threw out the first pitch. I think that would be cool. Usually if a card pictures a player in a new uniform, it's the update/traded set and they will be playing for them the following season. I don't see Russell dropping his pads to play for the Rangers.

A_Pharis

I don't like this at all. Obviously he's a quarterback and not baseball player. I know he was drafted and everything, but after he signed with the Seahawks and started playing don't release a baseball card of him. Looks like they are just trying to capitalize on his fame now. No problem with a card released when he played minor league ball, but no reason to have one now. He's been in NFL for few years now.

This notice is required by law.

Signed,
John Elway's Yankee RC

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Honesty is the best policy... I might have... But, not in a rangers jersey (maybe I would have airbrushed on an m's jersey)..
Or done a photo shoot and had him do the Bo knows pose.... BG

See, I think.the Bo knows card would have been cool.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I could see if they made a card with a Mariners uniform of when he threw out the first pitch. I think that would be cool. Usually if a card pictures a player in a new uniform, it's the update/traded set and they will be playing for them the following season. I don't see Russell dropping his pads to play for the Rangers.

If you were to hazard a guess, why do you think Texas drafted him?

Answer: marketing the same reason Topps is putting him in a set.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Bo card would be sweet. My issue with the card is the Rangers uniform. Leave him in whatever uniform he was wearing and put a label that says Claimed by Rangers or something like they used to.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Remember when [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] bet me that Bubba Starling would have a much greater chance at the HOF than Bo?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That card was released before his NFL career started. It is a 1982 TCMA issue. Can't remember if he had made a decision either way at that point.

Signed,
John Elway's Yankee RC

And I agree it is a money/attention grabber idea, nothing more.

Members online