Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone here watching Basketball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I dont watch the NBA...No defense...Traveling is VERY RARELY called...

Saying that, I like NCAA baseketball and LOVE high school basketball!

Anyway, my thing is, and I think this is with all levels of sports, if every other game and so you hear "The refs were awful" or it was one sided, ect then after this happening sooo often, dont you think that head of officials would think "Hmmm maybe we should do something about this???"

and yes games are rigged...Been like that forever...Not that hard to see that

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
If it weren't for the Game Five suspension, I would classify this a major choke job.

That being said, the Warriors needed to defend their home court and they failed to do so.

Not a Lebron fan at all, but I am happy for the fans of Cleveland.

(Insert your own "Ernest Byner" reference here.)

(Insert your own "NBA Conspiracy Theory " meme here.)

Now back the the WWE and "Money in the Bank". :)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
That series the Heat lost to the Mavericks was uncalled for as well. This is a tough loss though. 2 wins for Cabs on home turf up 3-1 hurts. Steph did not have a good series overall.

Ryan

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I said this several months ago, and I'll repeat it now.

Maybe the Warriors should focus their efforts more on winning the championship than going out there and trying to break every regular season record imaginable? Rest your guys, have them as fresh as possible, mentally and physically, for the playoffs, and then go out and try to slaughter everyone.

They put too much emphasis on what happened in the regular season.

This team goes into the playoffs with a more well rested team, I don't think this is the end result.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I said this several months ago, and I'll repeat it now.

Maybe the Warriors should focus their efforts more on winning the championship than going out there and trying to break every regular season record imaginable? Rest your guys, have them as fresh as possible, mentally and physically, for the playoffs, and then go out and try to slaughter everyone.

They put too much emphasis on what happened in the regular season.

This team goes into the playoffs with a more well rested team, I don't think this is the end result.

Hindsight is 20/20, they came up a few points short. That had nothing to do with rest

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I dont watch basketball, but decided to check it out since everyone around here in my neck of the woods will be talking about it tomorrow. To me, the warriors spent too much time in the second half taking shots and missing them. Whatever happened to taking the ball to the hoop and going for two instead of trying to land threes? Granted, Curry does seem to nail a bunch of them.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
GS lived by the three and died by the three. Teams trying to go in the lane get more free throws. GS still is a great team and are still a top contender to win again.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The game was tied with about 100 seconds to go. It wasn't anything to do with conditioning, setting records, etc. They just missed a couple shots that Cleveland made, and Lebron's block was my favorite play of the whole game, and possibly kept 2 points off the board (not sure it would have gone in, but he was very close to goaltending), which would have changed the way the rest of the game was played. I hate this cliche, but it really just looked like Cleveland wanted it more.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Imagine Bill Lambieer clothes lining LeBron on his way to the basket. He'd never touch the paint again. It'd be all mid-range jumpers for the rest of the game.

Well...you can say that for every player in the NBA now. None of them are used to the beating that was doled out on a nightly basis back then. Curry would be knocked on his butt every time he even thought about a three. He'd probably shake it off at first but you can bet he'd start thinking twice. Draymond would have gotten into a fight for running his mouth, and Lebron would definitely be more cautious. I don't think a lot of the players today could stand up to that kind of stuff.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I dont watch basketball, but decided to check it out since everyone around here in my neck of the woods will be talking about it tomorrow. To me, the warriors spent too much time in the second half taking shots and missing them. Whatever happened to taking the ball to the hoop and going for two instead of trying to land threes? Granted, Curry does seem to nail a bunch of them.

Curry could be doing a hand stand facing away from the basket with his eyes closed and kick the ball at the hoop and make it. Can't blame the guy for trying what has worked thus far. However, the Rockets were a high attempt 3 point shooting team for a while and I think they learned, despite Mr. Morey's analytical take...it's not necessarily the better option.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Well...you can say that for every player in the NBA now. None of them are used to the beating that was doled out on a nightly basis back then. Curry would be knocked on his butt every time he even thought about a three. He'd probably shake it off at first but you can bet he'd start thinking twice. Draymond would have gotten into a fight for running his mouth, and Lebron would definitely be more cautious. I don't think a lot of the players today could stand up to that kind of stuff.

Aaaaaaaand this is why the NBA is virtually unwatchable now.

A player breathes heavy and he's hit with a flagrant

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Aaaaaaaand this is why the NBA is virtually unwatchable now.

A player breathes heavy and he's hit with a flagrant

I believe the NBA wanted to make the game more about skill and less like a football game. U can call it unwatchable but I believe it better. The only issue is the stars get all the calls and non calls, more than any other sport, its a star driven sport

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It's watchable if all you enjoy is offense.

The game has so much wrong with it. Terrible referees letting travel after travel go. If a defensive player even breaths on an offensive player, there's a foul call. Defense is virtually non-existent. I'm 100% surprised that LBJ wasn't called for a foul, or goaltending, on his amazing block.

The entire league has been a joke for a very long time.

The NFL is in the same boat too. They're going to eventually eliminate kickoffs, and probably punts too, and I'll be done with the NFL for good when that happens.

And they're going to keep screwing with baseball to the point where I don't fully enjoy watching it either. I'll hate it when they bring the DH to the NL.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
The game has so much wrong with it. Terrible referees letting travel after travel go. If a defensive player even breaths on an offensive player, there's a foul call. Defense is virtually non-existent. I'm 100% surprised that LBJ wasn't called for a foul, or goaltending, on his amazing block.

You're surprised that LBJ didn't get called for something. I'm shocked whenever LeBron does get called for something.