Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

JANUARY 2019 PICKUPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Being sick in December had its repercussions as I couldn't work much and no OT meant very little extra spending funds for hobby. Luckily wifey saved all her OT pay and I was able to get a C-note for Xmas via PayPal !!

Used a little to pay for gas and the rest to pay for these two below and four other cheapies that haven't come in yet
Already had the Fisk but the 1st copy is ragged so this should be an upgrade.McGwire is a 2nd copy as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Nice Fisk! I love that card!

Started out my year landing a card I've been after for a long time....
It's the SP version and are unnumbered to 75 copies. They never seem to pop up.
Scan_20181229 (9).jpg

Scan_20190103 (5).jpg

Scan_20181225 (4).jpg

Scan_20190103 (9).jpg
Mini online version

Scan_20181230 (2).jpg

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Happy Friday update!
Great stuff here this month as usual guys....

Scan_20190107 (6).jpg

Scan_20190107 (7).jpg

Scan_20190110 (12).jpg

Scan_20190110 (8).jpg
Finally got a Vern Stephens cut auto, wanted one for awhile now

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Love Xanders auto, X makes most things look cooler. Stephen's must have been a tough get, I've never looked but I imagine he isn't in alot, nice pickup.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
So this was actually a December 29th purchase that I received in January. I figured I'd just post it in this thread rather than bringing back December's thread.
Anywho, a listing error allowed me to pick up this Alan Trammell Lou Whitaker Sweet Spot signed baseball for $19.99 plus shipping as the only bidder.
It's on an official Rawlings American League ball, Gene Budig President. It's not snow white but it doesn't have any browning either, overall it's in really nice shape with nice sigs to boot!
Needless to say I'm very, VERY pleased!! 20190112_072318.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
So this was actually a December 29th purchase that I received in January. I figured I'd just post it in this thread rather than bringing back December's thread.
Anywho, a listing error allowed me to pick up this Alan Trammell Lou Whitaker Sweet Spot signed baseball for $19.99 plus shipping as the only bidder.
It's on an official Rawlings American League ball, Gene Budig President. It's not snow white but it doesn't have any browning either, overall it's in really nice shape with nice sigs to boot!
Needless to say I'm very, VERY pleased!! View attachment 86128

Any idea when he signed Louis? I didn't find any with a quick eBay search. Nice pickup!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Calripkenjrcollector not sure whether they are corrupted, inappropriately named, or just unloadable type files or what = but I tried every way under the sun to get your pictures to show the normal ways and couldn't = kept telling me the files not valid

Below are your pictures. I uploaded using the updates I saw in your profile based on the day you tried posting twice in this thread

Nice cards !!

jeff

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Any idea when he signed Louis? I didn't find any with a quick eBay search. Nice pickup!

Lou's real name is Louis Rodman Whitaker Jr. He has signed several different ways throughout his career and after. Lou Whitaker, Louis Whitaker, Louis Rodman Whitaker, Louis Rodman Whitaker II, Sweet Lou Whitaker, Louis R Whitaker just to name a few. He may be the only player I can think of that has signed quite a few different ways...it may just depend on his mood at the time, idk?!
If you look a little closer there's actually quite a few cards on the bay signed Louis. I have a few myself.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
An interesting dual sided 1-of-1, not guys you see everyday. The only connection is "weird World Series firsts." Chuck Hiller hit the NL's first WS grandslam (Game 4, 1962), and Bill Wambsganss turned the only unassisted triple play in WS history (Game 5, 1920). I've picked up a few Hiller items since he was local to where I live, and I believe this is his only autograph card to date.

hiller13TRISTAR.jpg
wambsganss13TRISTAR.jpg

Last edited:

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
Lou's real name is Louis Rodman Whitaker Jr. He has signed several different ways throughout his career and after. Lou Whitaker, Louis Whitaker, Louis Rodman Whitaker, Louis Rodman Whitaker II, Sweet Lou Whitaker, Louis R Whitaker just to name a few. He may be the only player I can think of that has signed quite a few different ways...it may just depend on his mood at the time, idk?!
If you look a little closer there's actually quite a few cards on the bay signed Louis. I have a few myself.

I just looked at baseballs. Most people the changing auto seemed to be based on time. That is interesting that he just does it randomly. I was assuming it would have been an early auto. I can't believe he has an even longer version.

Members online

Latest posts