Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
I was actually surprised how low it went. His 1/1s seem to be dropping, which is good for my wallet. I think this will put me at 25 1/1 autos, but I will figure it out when it arrives. Here is the latest in hand. View attachment 84579

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I was surprised too. I’m glad one of us got it and didn’t overpay. 25 1/1’s is crazy! I don’t think I have any yet. lol I can’t afford to keep up with all of them. Topps has been showering us with hundreds of McGwire cards each year since 2014. Nice pickups!!! High quality stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Aug 3, 2014
Here's something a little different. It's a letter from former Dodger pitcher and later a scout for the Expos, Marlins, and Nationals, Joe Moeller. He writes at length about McGwire. This and other stuff can be found on CooperstownExpert.com. Every HoFer has a page and so do many other baseball men. Hope you enjoy!mcgwire-joe-moe-794x1024.jpeg

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
Here's something a little different. It's a letter from former Dodger pitcher and later a scout for the Expos, Marlins, and Nationals, Joe Moeller. He writes at length about McGwire. This and other stuff can be found on CooperstownExpert.com. Every HoFer has a page and so do many other baseball men. Hope you enjoy!View attachment 84612

Cool piece! Too bad 2007 wasn't as good as he anticipated!!! I like that he acknowledged Mark's contributions in Oakland. I feel like a lot of his fans didn't become fans of his until he went to St. Louis. OAKLAND MAC > ST. LOUIS MAC

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
Hey everyone, hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! I have some good news for those of you who grade with PSA! A couple of months ago, I emailed PSA requesting a Mark McGwire SUPER Set. I received an email from them today, and they APPROVED! There are a lot of variations missing from the Master Set. Hopefully, the Super Set will add what was left off the Master Set from his playing years, obviously it will add his post-career cards. They're supposed to email me as soon as the Super Set is live on their website. I'll let you guys know once they do.

In the meantime, post some of your newest acquisitions!!!

-Greg

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I just saw this bumped up and it got me to thinking. The 1989 Donruss / Leaf Blue Chip Canseco cards are obviously mega hot on everyone's want lists. How about McGwire? Who here has a Blue Chip?

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I just saw this bumped up and it got me to thinking. The 1989 Donruss / Leaf Blue Chip Canseco cards are obviously mega hot on everyone's want lists. How about McGwire? Who here has a Blue Chip?

Jay is the only one I know of and he has all of the Donruss. I have yet to see a Leaf one. Any idea on print run of those guys?

Members online

Latest posts