Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CJ's Technicolor Battlefield Challenge: May 22-28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Not dumb at all...team pitching strikeouts.

Cool, thanks for clarifying, that's what I thought but since I had the Fish I kinda hoped it was the Batters...:lol:

I think I'll just throw up the White Flag for that one, but I like my teams in the other 3 BFs!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Okay, let's do this!

FanGraphs has sortable team stats from the night before, so it's now very easy to give a daily update on how each battlefield is shaping up.

Starting today and running through May 7th, we'll focus on Battlefield 1 (team pitching strikeouts). In the upper right corner of each square, you'll see your current strikeout total. Amass the most strikeouts in your row and advance to the grand finale!

Good luck to all.

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Re: CJ's Technicolor Battlefield Challenge Starts Today!

Thanks indeed! I got the Rockies who it looks like are one of the teams with 2 off days this week. Hopefully the Rays are swing happy this weekend, like my round 2 better!

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
I have the Angels and they have a four game set against the Orioles this week, so I looked up the team strikeout stats. The Orioles don't strike out much, so I'm screwed; but the 3 teams that strike out the most are the Astros, Red Sox and Braves. How crazy is that? The two teams with the best records in baseball strike out almost as much as the worst team in baseball.

ps: [MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] - when you replaced the color "white" with the name Ghumbs - the Chicago White Sox became the "Chicago Ghumbs Sox" in the battlefield. Pretty funny!

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Just past the halfway point, folks. Here are the leaders going into the final few days:

Row 1: [MENTION=6295]SmoakBomb[/MENTION] 45

Row 2: [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION] [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] 25

Row 3: [MENTION=1931]djrulz[/MENTION] 28

Row 4: [MENTION=2367]gt2590[/MENTION] 32

Row 5: [MENTION=3799]Jared[/MENTION] 37

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
CJ's Technicolor Battlefield Challenge: May 1-7

I have a question. Teams that had a day off get shorted a day vs teams that played everyday?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I have a question. Teams that had a day off get shorted a day vs teams that played everyday?

In a sense, yes. This is the nature of the schedule and inclement weather. However, several teams are more than capable of making up for 1 or 2 off days.

The final results for Battlefield #1 will be posted shortly.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Here are the final results for Battlefield #1 :

bf1.jpg

bf1leaderboard.jpg

This week, we have Battlefield #2 . The most home runs in each column advances.

bf2.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
In a sense, yes. This is the nature of the schedule and inclement weather. However, several teams are more than capable of making up for 1 or 2 off days.

The final results for Battlefield #1 will be posted shortly.

My team is an example. They had the second day off but they still managed to pull it off for me.

Regardless, almost every team has at least one off day in a seven day stretch.

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
Thanks to a double-header make-up against the Yankees (instead of an originally scheduled off-day), the Indians play 8 games in the next 7 days. I'm feeling pretty good about this battlefield.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Gotta like the Jays' chances at hitting some HRs for me this week.

Ugh, lost BF #1 by 1 single strikeout...:lol:

Which leads me to the question, what happens if two (or more) are tied at the end of the last battlefield?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

Which leads me to the question, what happens if two (or more) are tied at the end of the last battlefield?

As per the OP, "The team controlling the largest portion of the battlefield will win the challenge. In the (unlikely) event of a tie, the surviving team having the highest combined strikeout/home run/hits/runs total will be the winner.

The grand finale may be a little confusing at first, but the OP explains each step very clearly as to how it will play out.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts