Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

David Price to Tigers D Smyly & Willy Adames & Nick Franklin to Tampa Austin Jackson to Seatlle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I think the trade was made somewhat in response to Oakland getting Lester and also an acknowledgement that they won't be able to resign Scherzer.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
J.D. Martinez is the 3rd outfielder. He's having a nice season (0.325/0.363/0.605) and has actually been getting time ahead of Hunter. I'm interested to see how Rajai Davis fares in CF.

J.D. Martinez was huge in this deal happening. I'm not sure what I think of him long term (career wise), but in the short term everything he's doing seems legit. All the numbers suggest it's not a fluke so far. It would be a huge steal if the Tigers just randomly picked him up in the spring for literally nothing, and he keeps producing at the level he has been.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
IF Dombrowski (Tigers GM) ever travels to Tampa for ANY reason (Isn't their Spring camp nearby?), he should handcuffed the second he exits the Plane!

And you just know that this deal is one that upsets other GMs too, even if they can't re-sign MadMax...

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
J.D. Martinez was huge in this deal happening. I'm not sure what I think of him long term (career wise), but in the short term everything he's doing seems legit. All the numbers suggest it's not a fluke so far. It would be a huge steal if the Tigers just randomly picked him up in the spring for literally nothing, and he keeps producing at the level he has been.

If you look at his prior years numbers, everything says his production this season has been a fluke...

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
If you look at his prior years numbers, everything says his production this season has been a fluke...

10000% True. That's why I'm not sold on him long term for his career. As far as this year, all the numbers behind the numbers say he's legit at the moment. Plus, it's on record everywhere that he totally revamped his swing, and approach this winter.

I wonder if he's the next Carlos Gomez. A guy who never quite seems to put it all together. Then boom, finds it in a new swing.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Does anyone know anything about Adames?Rays really liked him that much they had to have him?

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
The excuses have been coming out of the Rays saying this was the best they could get. I honestly can't believe that. If the Sox could get Craig and Kelly for Lackey the Rays definitely could've gotten more. Wouldn't those guys look good in Rays uniforms? Solid major league talent at reasonable dollars with a lot of years of control? The Rays flat out blew it.

Members online

Latest posts