Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

December - Night Crewstmas Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well that is a long story. Glad you survived. Or did you?

Reminds me of a song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h9PbMucPXU

Wait a sec, is CardCop actually a member on FCB?? Tell me I didn't miss a juicy thread involving him!!!

Where have I been? That's a long story but to put it briefly, I was on a plane that was 1,000 miles off course when it crashed on a lush, mysterious island. I woke to find myself among strangers, each person possessing a shocking secret, yet nothing as mysterious (and deadly) as the island itself. I became their leader but our survival was threatened by a number of mysterious entities, including polar bears, an unseen creature roaming the jungle we called the "smoke monster" and malevolent inhabitants of the island known as "The Others". Times were tough as there were many power struggles among our group of survivalists. Using my guile and ****** wit I survived many near death experiences. After many twists and turns came the biggest question of all...did we even survive the plane crash? Is it possible this island didn't exist at all and we were all merely in some form of afterlife....maybe purgatory? Just trying to overcome our personal demons? Or maybe this was simply some sort of parallel universe (I'm still a little confused about that small detail).

Turns out it wasn't because with a blink of the eye I came to....I was in the nearby rehab, delirious from crack & bath salt withdrawals. I just hallucinated the entire thing. I should have known better when I started believing in purgatory...I mean, c'mon now....

Well, I'm just gonna have to do something about that...

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I saw the headlines..."Seattle deals Human Growth Hormone to New York in blockbuster drug deal"

I hate that Edwin Diaz is headed to the NL East....I really, really wanted the Braves to make a move for him. M's were able to free up a lot of salary space by letting HGH go but now that Cruz & Cano are both gone the M's are in need of testosterone replacement therapy. Anabolic Dee isn't big enough to take on that role alone.

With Jean Segura now going to the Phils maybe Vitor Belfort can play SS? :lol:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Lot of wood in that picture [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION].

Today's Mariners trade is far more interesting to me. The Phillies getting a legitimate short stop and making room for Hoskins at first so a real outfielder can play out there makes.a lot of sense. The Phillies seem like a team that is close to being playoff ready, they still need to make a few moves I think, but I like what they are doing.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT

Today's Mariners trade is far more interesting to me. The Phillies getting a legitimate short stop and making room for Hoskins at first so a real outfielder can play out there makes.a lot of sense. The Phillies seem like a team that is close to being playoff ready, they still need to make a few moves I think, but I like what they are doing.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

That was a solid trade for the Phils. It kind of shows how Mets overpayed on the previous trade.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Seeing that the M's are trading away everyone, now's the time for the Braves to strike and grab Mitch Haniger.

With Markakis gone we need another outfielder....one with pop this time.

That's Mitch "haniger please" Porclain to you! :p He would easily be the most expensive player to get on the M's, the best shot was probably eating a massive amount of the Cano contract.

What about a more budget option: Mallex Smith? I mean sht, the last time the Mariners traded for him they re-traded him in 55 minutes. . . . so they are long overdue to trade his ass again.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
That's Mitch "haniger please" Porclain to you! :p He would easily be the most expensive player to get on the M's, the best shot was probably eating a massive amount of the Cano contract.

What about a more budget option: Mallex Smith? I mean sht, the last time the Mariners traded for him they re-traded him in 55 minutes. . . . so they are long overdue to trade his ass again.

Been there, done that.....wait, the M's now have Mallex?!? Musta happened when I was taking my annual all-inclusive resort vacation to rehab (after all, it's always good to look your best during the holidays).

Mallex gets around...like a record...four major league organizations and he's just recently turned 25, so let the M's know to be on the lookout for that vicious strain of genital ******, assuming you have the M's front office on speed dial.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Been there, done that.....wait, the M's now have Mallex?!? Musta happened when I was taking my annual all-inclusive resort vacation to rehab (after all, it's always good to look your best during the holidays).

Mallex gets around...like a record...four major league organizations and he's just recently turned 25, so let the M's know to be on the lookout for that vicious strain of genital ******, assuming you have the M's front office on speed dial.

They traded for him (again) sent Mike Zunino packing the day he won the Wilson catchers award.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So for the other Mariners here is what I think they should do. . .

Kyle Seager- don't trade now, you would be trading at a low. Let him play 3 months and trade before the deadline, odds are pretty good he will be worth more.
Mike Freakaleake- Same as Seager but probably less extreme. Let him do a little then trade.
Mitch HP Porcelain- Call me crazy but I think he would do better and increase his value as well!! but now is the best time to trade him as a lot of teams desire him.
Felix Hernandez- unmovable
Jay Bruce- can rebound and gain value but trade now to get Vogelbach some reps
Carlos Santana- trade now
Marco Gonzales- can gain value but with Tommy Juan already I would trade while you still get something as no need to risk it.
Wade Lablanc- trade now

Members online