Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Does it appear there is more to this than just our resident collector picking up his needs? If there are multiple people in play putting up that much moolah for common diffractors, then I need to check my expectations.

If this discussion was about the Ray Lankford p. 79 diffractor, that wasn't me! I already have a copy of a p. 79 Lankford diffractor. I've lost out on several bids for diffractors I needed in the past month where I thought I was over bidding. No idea who has the deep pockets that is bagging some of these cards.

Rich

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
If this discussion was about the Ray Lankford p. 79 diffractor, that wasn't me! I already have a copy of a p. 79 Lankford diffractor. I've lost out on several bids for diffractors I needed in the past month where I thought I was over bidding. No idea who has the deep pockets that is bagging some of these cards.

Rich

We found out it was a team collector. So only George is screwed heheheh

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I hate misleading auction titles like that. I was looking for a rookie card of someone yesterday. Some seller lists an auction with a 2nd year card as a "rookie". And this was before the RC guidelines were changed.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Yeah, I hate that too. I see a lot of 1992 Jim Thome cards on ebay listed as his RC. And sadly a lot of buyers fall for it. But I think a small percentage of sellers don't have a clue when listing their cards.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Just got these gold pre-production's in. Anyone know how many gold sets are out there? I always thought there was only 1 set but it looks like onionring also has a gold version of P71.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Just got these gold pre-production's in. Anyone know how many gold sets are out there? I always thought there was only 1 set but it looks like onionring also has a gold version of P71.

View attachment 73398
View attachment 73399
I believe there are 30 patterns each. Wry limited to 1-few each I believe. Nice pickups, as I am sure there are others interested in them.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

View attachment 73398
View attachment 73399

Ohhh very nice! Got my heart pumping there!

There was another pattern that I owned that popped up on ebay about 5-10 years ago. But that single instance was the only dup I've seen. This is the second. I haven't seen or heard of a dup of either mondesi or clemens.

Great additions!

Members online