Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Topps Archives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
After getting outbid for most of the more attractive ones and over paying for the less desired ones I am putting the brakes after chasing these. Unless it's one I can't live without I will be picky for the rest of what pops.

I can understand that, absolutely. I bought three Thomas cards, and then quit collecting this issue due to cost because it's just way too expensive.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That is brutal! The most plentiful card is numbered to 5 copies!?

I am doing the same with Garvey and so far there have been 5 1/1s that have shown up on ebay, but several numbered to 99 or less.

I compiled this list, complete with images of all known Frank Thomas cards from 2015 Topps Archive Signatures. If you know of anything that I'm missing, please let me know so I can add it. Many thanks. :)

http://www.radicards.com/reviews/2015-topps-archive-signatures-frank-thomas-baseball-cards

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The count of Cansecos for me is at like ... 28. There is no way I can win them all, so I am just grabbing up as many as I reasonably can for decent prices. Because Topps has gone a bit nuts with 40+ releases this year, that is all we can do, I think! Heck, Dynasty has, I *believe*, 5 parallels, so there are 5 1/1's, 25 out of /5 and 50 out of /10. Sure, they are different poses, but I'm trying to be content with just one of each :) I still don't have a sick /5 in my fold just yet though.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I haven't snagged any Edgars yet as I am waiting for the intial prices to come down..

So far I have seen the following:

1992 Topps xx/35
1993 Topps xx/41
1996 Topps xx/13
1998 Topps xx/25
1999 Topps Gallery xx/22
2003 Topps xx/15
Topps Stadium Club xx/16
Topps xx/26

I'll keep looking..

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I started picking some Castillas and had the idea of going for one of each Topps regular set, but with this mess I won't finish it. I hate not knowing what was released. Not having an actual checklist beside a name.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I started picking some Castillas and had the idea of going for one of each Topps regular set, but with this mess I won't finish it. I hate not knowing what was released. Not having an actual checklist beside a name.

We are their customers, so I wonder if we should start badgering them about releasing a checklist!

mouschi

May 18, 2012

I tweeted it out to them at @tanmanbbfan - everyone feel free to retweet!

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
So far I've catalogued 32 Olerud's from ebay, with three 1/1's. Haven't noticed any new ones in a while. I might try to pick up one of the Bowman releases... 2001 Bowman Heritage probably.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Now this is kind of silly. A "buyback" of a current-year card!

1450978498803.jpg

(Sorry for the bad scan. It was grabbed from the ebay listing.)

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I think this one is really sweet, great card to use. Now if I can just get the seller to come back down to earth.

s-l1600.jpg

Bought this one. Outside of 2014 & 2015 Topps Finest Greats, this is the only other RJ Refractor auto ever. 9 other RJ cards listed/sold, all 1/1s. None of the others interest me, I just have no desire for a 1990 Bowman base card signed honestly, I know some people do though.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I've been enjoying this set - quite a few cards I've wanted - including the first autographs of a couple ex-Diamondbacks, which is always cool. But it definitely is a bit gimmicky, technically they are all cards I could just get signed in person. I can't imagine how it is for some of you with 20, 30-some cards in this set.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
I was digging all the Grace's since they were early career Topps base cards and looked good. But then this #1 /1 showed up - and it's a stinker. First time I've ever seen a Kmart Topps Card priced at $200 :eek:

$_58.JPG

Like #olerud363 says, the new release pricing is too high, and they'll come down shortly, so I'm not jumping on anything yet.

I *might* be alone in saying this, but I LOVE that they added in the kmart cards. I may like these better than the regular buybacks.

I have to agree with [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION]. You just don't see these cards anymore and for Topps to do a buyback 1/1 of this one is awesome! If I collected Mark Grace, I would be all over this one.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Bought this one. Outside of 2014 & 2015 Topps Finest Greats, this is the only other RJ Refractor auto ever. 9 other RJ cards listed/sold, all 1/1s. None of the others interest me, I just have no desire for a 1990 Bowman base card signed honestly, I know some people do though.
This is nothing but a gorgeous card. It's my favorite of all the buybacks I've seen from modern era cards. Congrats on landing it for your collection.

Members online