Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
New arrival today. I don't usually gather autos for my super sweet collection but as I focus on a less is more strategy, I think this is a great cornerstone for the PC. I've always loved these atomics and their 1:6,107 odds. I didn't love seeing the unsigned versions entering the secondary but considering Gwynn's unfortunate passing, the timing should make it safely authentic. Not sure if it was a good price but looking at the Jeter going for $2,000+, I'll take it. My scanner CANNOT handle slabs, ugh.

zqMwPDM.jpg

houstonreds

Apr 16, 2016
Houston
Whats occurring to the flickr photos that changes the coloring from what is normally a dark hue to the light blue ? Why is the foiling so diminished its like its not there at all ?? These are just two issues I am having with your photos / cards and why I'm questioning their authenticity.

Jeff

Ok no problem, it's the lighting- a lot of natural light behind the phone and also the angle the picture was taken will reflect light off the foil. In person the foil on the cards are darker. There's a David Justice starting 9 listed on eBay where the foil appears similar to my pics. Will be good to get scans eventually to confirm. Thanks for the heads up, will be careful as I add to the collection!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I remember the En Fuego, Select Big Sticks and Pinnacle Skylines more than anything else, baseball wise. Well, and the '94 SP Holoview Die Cuts.

Check, Check, Check, and Check. I remember when the 94 SP Red Die Cuts came out. Over a hundred bucks for mine. Oh, the 90s, when I was living at home and didnt have grown up stuff like Bills to hold back my spending. But I actually didnt get the Skylines until last year FINALLY! Thats what, almost 20 years to land a card? Crazy!
1996%20Select%20En%20Fuego%205.jpg

1995%20Select%20Big%20Sticks%20BS8.jpg

1996%20Pinnacle%20Skylines%2016.jpg

1994%20SP%20Holoviews%20Die%20Cuts%203.jpg

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
As much as I love cool rare 90s stuff, I have absolutely no desire to go after "1/1s" for this very reason.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Drives me nuts to see this. I have owned some of my players 1/1s for years and then when I saw a second copy for sale it sickens me.

Members online