Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
I thought the 98's last night were in the reasonable price range. Congrats to those who got theirs. Pretty sure you won't see many of these for a long time. Looked like legit buyers accross the board

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I was outbid at the very last second on the Griffey Level 1 Quasar System card. That was the one that I was targeting to add to my PC. Luckily, I was able to last second bid on and win the Jersey Numbers prototype, which will pair beautifully with my unreleased Jersey Numbers Griffey.

The Rare Form Griffey certainly was a gorgeous card!

Hope everyone got their guy on those listings.

ps.... Looking for Griffey 98 Finest Centurion and The Man Refractors.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
The Juan, Mariano Rivera, and the Frank Thomas sold. none of the others got a bid? I thought the Bagwell would have gotten the $199.00 opening bid. NADA.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
sd1.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
The Juan, Mariano Rivera, and the Frank Thomas sold. none of the others got a bid? I thought the Bagwell would have gotten the $199.00 opening bid. NADA.

I have a Piazza, would have been interested in the recent listing has opening bid been less

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
Does anyone remember what the unreleased test set from 1997 or 1998 Pinnacle Totally Certified was called?

There was an uncut sheet on Ebay a few years ago and I forgot to bid.

But the set was mostly gold, was most likely from the 98 set that was never released.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014

From what I recall, the uncut sheet was all Certified Destiny Gold and Certified Team Gold inserts. They had a concentric design, very similar to that set's 1998 Totally Certified Platinum Gold parallel. Wish I saved the pictures.

This uncut sheet is the only evidence I've seen showing that these inserts were actually produced. If one sheet exists...I believe more were printed or even cut.

Now, where is an actual copy (not a Beckett magazine picture) of a 1998 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Black? That would be game-changing.

stressreelief

Dec 2, 2011
Last word on the 1998 Pinnacle PWCC auctions

I led from the first day, got sniped at the end. I'm not sad. Would liked to have it but something still doesn't smell right so I'm glad I didn't over pay for it. For those that really want their targets I hope you do well.

Guys , I think there is about a 50% chance you will get a second shot at owning these cards . I watched all of the Jeter items end and the Griffey Rare Form . One bidder one most of the Jeter items to the tune of 12K . The funny thing is on almost every card I watched including the Griffey there was a bidder that as soon as the auctions were over became a non registered user . Thank ebay for that , create an account , shill the crap out of those auctions and then cancel your account . I feel bad for anyone that won those auctions , because you got robbed . My guess is the winner on the Jeter items ( especially if he won any of the player listings ) may be the original owner of these cards or possibly one of his cronies and these cards will come to market again one day . Good to luck to all on the next go around and BUYER BEWARE ! Later , John

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Guys , I think there is about a 50% chance you will get a second shot at owning these cards . I watched all of the Jeter items end and the Griffey Rare Form . One bidder one most of the Jeter items to the tune of 12K . The funny thing is on almost every card I watched including the Griffey there was a bidder that as soon as the auctions were over became a non registered user . Thank ebay for that , create an account , shill the crap out of those auctions and then cancel your account . I feel bad for anyone that won those auctions , because you got robbed . My guess is the winner on the Jeter items ( especially if he won any of the player listings ) may be the original owner of these cards or possibly one of his cronies and these cards will come to market again one day . Good to luck to all on the next go around and BUYER BEWARE ! Later , John

Agreed. The Maddux prices were way above what I thought they would go for.

stressreelief

Dec 2, 2011
had a few minutes to view other players

Agreed. The Maddux prices were way above what I thought they would go for.

Guys , I had a few minutes so i pulled up the completed auctions and the non registered user ( o***i ) pushed up most of the other auctions and actually was top bidder on a few . To be right there in 2nd or 3rd place that many times makes you think that individual was sitting behind the computer screen watching the bids come in . That whole auction sucked for anyone that really wanted to own some of those pieces for the right reasons ! Later , John

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Of course the one legit sale I know of for sure won the Epix Griffey I wanted and went the the nicest and most sane Griffey Collector...Nikegreekvictory

Members online