Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1/1 Superfractor In the mail today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Denard might be better than Gabbert. I would enjoy a competition there

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Denard is the next Kordell Stewart, minus Kordell's awkward acne / growth's on his face and minus taking his team to the playoffs.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Denard is the next Kordell Stewart, minus Kordell's awkward acne / growth's on his face and minus taking his team to the playoffs.

Decent praise for a kid who could never stay healthy or on the field in college.

I agree that Denard is a way better QB option than Gabbert, but thats like saying its an accomplishment to be the tallest midget on the basketball court.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Decent praise for a kid who could never stay healthy or on the field in college.

I agree that Denard is a way better QB option than Gabbert, but thats like saying its an accomplishment to be the tallest midget on the basketball court.

Reminds me of the Family Guy episode where there's a dwarf amongst the midgets and he can reach the second shelf in the cereal aisle at the grocery store.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
ZZZZZZzzzz. I just don't like Michigan, thats all. Let's see.... vs. Denard we beat him once, turned him over 5 times in another game where our offense intentionally made no effort to complete a forward pass (and we still almost won) and we got trounced the past two years because our team had given up on our coach. We have since rectified that issue and I expect us to be far more competitive moving forward.

That said, Denard is what he is...a nice kid, a good athlete and a good college player. That's about it.

But in the end.....you're a boilermaker fan LOL

twisty71

Jun 1, 2013
Very nice pick up,just need to pick up the gold to finish my semi rainbow. I knew I wouldn't get the super. I seem to miss all of them for some reason :( So I set my goals low :p base thru red for me. The Prizm doesn't look that special to me except the #/5 thing but basically it's the base auto refractor which I like better. I was never a huge Denard fan but I bet he does a little bit in the NFL once they figure out how they are actually going to use him.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks guys. Big fan of what Denard did at Michigan. Sure, they may have done better if the pro-style system was never scrapped and he was never recruited. But, he did so much for the team when there were literally no other options.

Definitely a Michigan man.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
the beauty about this is that we will see. I can certainly admit I am wrong if I am.

Being a Michigan fan, you will no doubt try and fall back to his college greatness and all of those conference and National Championships he won.....oh, wait.....

Bam! You're wrong. Denard, one yard on one carry. And Purdue sucks.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
He keeps this crap up and he won't get time.

At worst, after 2 years our awful OC gets dumped (which I hope happens tomorrow). Hazell is a good coach. Our Offensive Line is embarrassingly bad...mostly because Danny Hope recruited only 5 true OL prospects in his 5 years in charge of recruiting. We have a whole bunch of converted DL and TEs playing OL and it shows. Just simply not having the players on the roster at this point is NOT his fault.

Our issue right now is we are running a pro-style 2-TE offense without the personnel to do it. Purdue is/was/always will be a spread team. As soon as Hope got away from that identity he lost the fans. Hazell with either learn quickly or learn the hard way....but he's locked in for 6 years with a heavy buy out so he's not getting the boot anytime soon. I think if we were running a spread now we'd be decent and at least give our running QB a chance vs. him being stuck under center and in a pocket thats not gunna hold.

That said, Denard.....inconsequential player for an inconsequential team.

Members online

Latest posts