Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jeter Guys: help on value of a monster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Have a chance to get this 96 Leaf Gold Autograph, but I’m curious what range it would go for.

He’s asking quite a bit.

6849D3EB-60CA-41F3-AB79-6B5BD2CDD478.jpeg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Since it looks pretty nice over all, and with him gong into the Hall.. I would expect to see that go for about $1000 or more..

But I just looked and Beckett said these should be around $2K to $4k.. since there are only 100 of these..

Last edited:

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Actually he should be asking quite a bit. I think $1,000 is too low. Here are some Silver and Bronze auto's that have sold recently, albeit they're all graded/slabbed AND PSA/DNA certified which increases the value in my experience significantly. A Silver PSA 10 sold for $5,200, with a Silver PSA 9 for $4,500. Bronze Auto's in a PSA 10 sold for $1,500, a PSA 9 for $799.99 and a PSA 8 for $355. 2 BGS 9/10 Bronze Auto's sold for $695 and $800.
There are no Golds sold in the last 90 days per eBay sales but on PSA's website it shows 2 PSA/DNA 10's selling for $10,100 on 2/6/2019 and another on 9/3/2019 for $14,999. It even shows a PSA 10 sale back in 2016 without the PSA/DNA certification selling for $5,660. -They've obviously increased quite a bit since then. Unfortunately though I see no prices for any of these cards un-slabbed.
So my thoughts are if it appears to be at least NMT/MT I'd guess anywhere from $2,000-$3000 raw, maybe more. Mint condition would be much more. And with the comparison here between a Silver PSA 10 and a Silver PSA 9, even a Mint grade of the Gold version might bring close to 5 figures. Jmt's but I hope this helps. Good luck on snagging it, that's a great, tough awesome card!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I should also add that since Jeter is part of the 10 short-prints in the set that means he has 700 Bronze, 200 Silvers, and 100 Golds. The autograph itself and the condition of it also would play a big role but from your scan it appears that the autograph looks really nice. And it doesn't hurt that this is one of the most coveted if not thee most coveted Jeter Auto amongst most collectors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
it's a shame he didn't sign them in the right spot. I have always liked that set and besides the big names, a lot of obscure guys who wouldn't have a certified autograph otherwise. Not as bad as Bob Gibson, I believe, who signed one of his certified issues on the back!

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
it's a shame he didn't sign them in the right spot. I have always liked that set and besides the big names, a lot of obscure guys who wouldn't have a certified autograph otherwise. Not as bad as Bob Gibson, I believe, who signed one of his certified issues on the back!

At least this one isn't signed OVER the foil seal, like alot of them are... but yeah, I agree better placement wouldve been nice.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Mark always knows not to sign over the face and logo. ;)

original

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Bottom right looks funky. Is it just the picture?

It might just be the pic and I may be wrong, but it appears to me like this card could possibly be in a non-recessed screw down which is pinching the corners causing it to look that way. If that is the case, and I don't know if it is, that would be a little concerning especially if it's been this way for awhile and given all of the "pressed" issues of late with Grading Co's.

Members online