Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big news on 2013 Archives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
It'd be cool if the two inserts were super hard to pull so they were more valuable. Like one every three boxes or something.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Love the concept of the musicians, not the execution. Typical Topps in other words. I'll be buying some of those singles if I can get my hands on them.

I've been wondering the past few years if show promoters should start bringing in entire band lineups or TV show casts as autograph guests. I know we've seen a few of these (I remember Pam Anderson at the National) but nothing too prevalent. I know I'd go nuts if all of Metallica, Sabbath, or Motley Crue did a signing at a big show. The same retired HOF'ers are at every big show and I'm about tapped out on those guys.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
I'll believe it when I see it.
This is the guy that makes people wait for hours hoping that he will show up at all to scheduled shows. I'm sure these will be redemptions that never get fulfilled.

Been there, done that, Meadowlands, 1991.

And if Topps is too lazy to get the autos signed before packout, who does that reflect on, them or Axl?

Axl's a known headcase, what's their excuse?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
For baseball or the rockers?

Axl's new GnR canceled on me a few weeks before the concert, and I had 3rd row seats. Bastard.

Heavy Metal Autographs
Sebastian Bach, Skid Row
Tommy Lee, Motley Crue
Kip Winger, Winger
Reb Beach, Winger
Lita Ford
Bobbie Brown from Warrant’s Cherry Pie video
Stephen Pearcy, Ratt
Scott Ian, Anthrax
Dee Snider, Twisted Sister
Axl Rose, Guns N’ Roses

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV

Axl's new GnR canceled on me a few weeks before the concert, and I had 3rd row seats. Bastard.

Heavy Metal Autographs
Sebastian Bach, Skid Row
Tommy Lee, Motley Crue
Kip Winger, Winger
Reb Beach, Winger
Lita Ford
Stephen Pearcy, Ratt
Scott Ian, Anthrax
Axl Rose, Guns N’ Roses

Except for Winger and his sidekick Beach, or the Pearcy (already got one from 2009 UD), I'd like to pull any one of those autos.

Saw Anthrax in a small club in Brooklyn back in the day...great band.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL

Heavy Metal Autographs
Sebastian Bach, Skid Row
Tommy Lee, Motley Crue
Kip Winger, Winger
Reb Beach, Winger
Lita Ford
Stephen Pearcy, Ratt
Scott Ian, Anthrax
Axl Rose, Guns N’ Roses

All of these autos look like they would be nice to pull. I wouldn't touch a redemption from any of them though.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Sorry, we are unable to fulfill your redemption for STEPHEN PEARCY AUTOGRAPH 2013 ARCHIVES.

Please find the enclosed replacement which is equal in BV.

$(KGrHqFHJC8E7y3)O)9)BP!jz,LQMw~~60_12.JPG

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Sorry, we are unable to fulfill your redemption for STEPHEN PEARCY AUTOGRAPH 2013 ARCHIVES.

Please find the enclosed replacement which is equal in BV.

$(KGrHqFHJC8E7y3)O)9)BP!jz,LQMw~~60_12.JPG

Topps employee to other employee as he's sealing the envelope for mailing:
"It's close enough, right?"

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Topps also had BB King "sign" for that american heritage crap. He of course never signed and I paid 200 bucks for that redemption which then they said 1 box is enough of a replacement. I then put my boot in their asses and got 5 boxes to sell off cause at that point they where $50 boxes

A while later I was lucky enough to meet Mr King I asked him about this. He said topps paid for the rights for a picture from his management then sent him a ton of stickers telling him he had to sign these little things. He told them to screw off lol

Last edited:

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
If Axl's autos are live, I will be going for one of them for sure. Might be my best chance to get an auto from my favorite band of all time.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Topps also had BB King "sign" for that american heritage crap. He of course never signed and I paid 200 bucks for that redemption which then they said 1 box is enough of a replacement. I then put my boot in their asses and got 5 boxes to sell off cause at that point they where $50 boxes

A while later I was lucky enough to meet Mr King I asked him about this. He said topps paid for the rights for a picture from his management then sent him a ton of stickers telling him he had to sign these little things. He told them to screw off lol

That's seriously #@^?!'d up IF that's the way it actually happened...even though it's Topps, I just can't see them paying his management for image rights only and then thinking "hey, he's old, maybe we can get over on him, send him some stickers and tell him to sign as well, we'll make a killing".

I could see some ****** at Topps forgetting to send the stickers out when they were supposed to, sending them later on, and King saying screw it at that point. Could also see his management misinforming him about just what Topps was paying for, as well, and just how much they were getting paid...

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I don't know about most of you guys, but I want BaseBALL PLAYERS in my baseball cards!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts