Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why isn't he safe? (Ellis at home in Top of 10th)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Dodgers got SCREWED!! I blame that dinosaur Bud Selig for refusing to accept technology in the game of baseball. This post season is a joke with the bad calls.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Looked out to me.
shocking. Perhaps the blinders are on a bit tight?

Taking nothing away from the Cardinals - they played a great game as well. I can't help but be sour about the worst home plate umping I have seen in a long time. Horrible strike zone, bad call on Ellis.

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
shocking. Perhaps the blinders are on a bit tight?

Taking nothing away from the Cardinals - they played a great game as well. I can't help but be sour about the worst home plate umping I have seen in a long time. Horrible strike zone, bad call on Ellis.

Withrow vs Carpenter in the 13th

The umpire calls 4 balls every one of which caught a part of tbs's live K Zone

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Dodgers sure seemed to get several borderline and some not borderline strike calls all night long.The last pitch to Chambers that was supposedly strike 3 was well outside.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Withrow vs Carpenter in the 13th

The umpire calls 4 balls every one of which caught a part of tbs's live K Zone
the one that I can't forget is the pitch to Beltran before he hit his 2-run double. If Beltran takes what should have been his 2nd strike, it completely changes how Greinke pitches to him. I'm thinking that double never happens. 'Course, Greinke had no business allowing a single to Kelly to start the inning, either.

You run the catcher over and don't slide and he holds on, the runner is out every single time. Seen it many times in the past. That's just the way it is.
No blinders here, if it was reversed, no problem with the ump calling a Cardinals runner out. The ball beats you by that much and you truck the catcher, you are out.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Mark Ellis himself said he was out. What hurts is the 1-10 with risp. The walk to Carpenter in front of Beltran's double is a killer. It's a 1-2 count on a guy who hasn't had a base hit in 20 AB's. As for Beltran's double... ball should've been caught. Ethier stutter steps and takes some kind of leap. I don't think it was a routine play but a major league CF makes that play. Frustrating game. The strike zone seemed very inconsistent for both sides. Outside black was a strike on some pitches and then same spot is a ball. Must win in Game 2 for the Dodgers now.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Mark Ellis himself said he was out. What hurts is the 1-10 with risp. The walk to Carpenter in front of Beltran's double is a killer. It's a 1-2 count on a guy who hasn't had a base hit in 20 AB's. As for Beltran's double... ball should've been caught. Ethier stutter steps and takes some kind of leap. I don't think it was a routine play but a major league CF makes that play. Frustrating game. The strike zone seemed very inconsistent for both sides. Outside black was a strike on some pitches and then same spot is a ball. Must win in Game 2 for the Dodgers now.

You are correct on a couple of points, but I have to defend Ethier. First of off it was a tough play and second this was his first game back from and ankle injury, he probably had to make that stutter step to be sure he leapt off the correct foot. But even with that it was still a tough catch took make.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
You run the catcher over and don't slide and he holds on, the runner is out every single time. Seen it many times in the past. That's just the way it is.
No blinders here, if it was reversed, no problem with the ump calling a Cardinals runner out. The ball beats you by that much and you truck the catcher, you are out.

Agree here.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Members online

Latest posts