Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your favorite arena?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Can be at any level of hockey.

I've only been in a handful of arenas. The Sanford Center in Bemidji MN, the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul MN (for a basketball game), and the local arena (but not for hockey). I've also been in the Target Center, which is primarily a basketball arena, but it has housed hockey in the past.

I did enjoy my visit to the Sanford Center. It had a good hockey atmosphere, especially for a small(er) town.

But there are many arenas I'd like to visit, such as:

Hibbing Memorial Building, Hibbing MN:

%7BA4E48B73-1FE4-43CB-9BD8-395B7955833C%7D.gif

Ralph Englestad Arena, Thief River Falls MN:

Ralph_Engelstad_Arena_Exterior_large.JPG

AMSOIL Arena, Duluth MN:

images

Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls SD:

000283_001801.jpg

Larson Ice Center, Brookings SD:

1404_Larson_Ice_Center

Of course, there are many, many others, but I didn't want to bore everybody.

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Mine was Minute Maid Park because it is closest to me and I have seen many a good Cubs games there, but thanks to awesome Bud for putting his Brewers in the National League and the Astros in the American League I will not get to see my yearly Cubs-Astros games anymore. Man I hate Bud. Second would be the Astrodome, saw many a Cubs games there, mostly losses lol. Saw Dawson hit an extra inning home run there once just for the Cubs to blow it in the bottom half.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I'll always have a soft spot for this place though, as it's where I saw my first hockey game. A travesty that they tore it down...

50b6848558cdb.preview-620.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
The Mini-Ralph (which I posted above) is a $13 million dollar facility, and a lot of people consider it to be the best in high school hockey.

It would be fun to visit someday.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Here are a couple more I'd like to visit...

Brainerd Civic Center, Brainerd MN.

I've been by it many times. It's a massive building. Looks like a fun place to go to a hockey game:

718540-Large.jpg

New Ulm Civic Center, New Ulm MN

The building has just always intrigued me...

Night_Entry_medium.jpg

Duluth Heritage Sports Center

It's one of the more interesting arenas in Duluth, IMO. I'll be spending LOTS of time here in the upcoming years

duluth-heritage-sports-center-exterior-02.jpg

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
I've been to the Saddledome (Many times, meh)
Northlands/Rexall in Edmonton for a concert (meh x2) The giant #99 statue made me sick
Both Calgary and Edmonton are looking to replace their 25-30 year old facilities.

Jobing.com in Phoenix to see the Flames and Coyotes. Great facility. I wish this is what they would build in Calgary.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
I've only been to two, but Jobing.com Arena was SOOOO much better than Verizon. Its not even a comparison!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts