Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which "Impossible Oddballs" are you searching for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winfieldfan32

Mar 1, 2011
Looking for Dave Winfield... early (1970's) Long Ball, Replay, Midwest Research, Astra Batter Up, 1980's Big League Manager game cards. The 1981 FBI disc (padres), and error cards.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
1990 M.V.P. Pins #39

I don't think these actually exist as an independent product from the one that comes with the 1990 Score card. I think it's just a glitch in Beckett's database.

1991 7-11 Coins #T1

These can be tough. Took me three years to find my Roberto Kelly when I finally started searching.

1992 Donruss Cracker Jack II #1

What's the deal with this one? Shouldn't that be a 30 cent card? There are 5 of them on Sportlots.

Last edited:

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
Darryl strawberry oddball want list
1990 donruss aqueous test issue
His book recovering life promo card
There was a serial numbered 3 card set and I have one don't remeber the name of it but its of him at the plate take a swing in different frames

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
:D I think that is all I actually ended up paying for that too, I would have gladly paid more since I had been looking so long
Interesting variation. How rare are they? I'll check my set at home tonight. Just wondering how much of a long shot it is that I might have a set with a variation in it...

I don't think these actually exist as an independent product from the one that comes with the 1990 Score card. I think it's just a glitch in Beckett's database.

So the 1990 MVP Pins I should take off my checklist?

These can be tough. Took me three years to find my Roberto Kelly when I finally started searching.

I think there is one on Beckett, and I know I had one at one point :)

What's the deal with this one? Shouldn't that be a 30 cent card? There are 5 of them on Sportlots.

Do you have a link?

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Will give it a try :)

@ASTROSBURN...Any chance you could pick one up for me? Thanks

i can work sportlots for your next order. I will try to find the most cards from one seller. Its hard to do sometimes. Sportlots is great, but you can quickly find yourself spending more on shipping than the cards themselves.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Do any other players have the pin? When you say by itself, so you mean that there is a pic somewhere of one complete with card? Sorry if confusing :)

Havent seen biggio yet, but ive seen others like this

$T2eC16R,!)8E9s4l7cnzBSDYBYCdZg~~60_57.JPG

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Do any other players have the pin? When you say by itself, so you mean that there is a pic somewhere of one complete with card? Sorry if confusing :)

No, I'm saying I have never seen a pin by itself without the baseball card, but still in original packaging. I've only ever seen those with the card. I have seen people selling just the pin, still on it's backing but out of the blister pack. But that's like people counting a starting lineup figure and card as two separate items.

Last edited:
No, I'm saying I have never seen a pin by itself without the baseball card, but still in original packaging. I've only ever seen those with the card. I have seen people selling just the pin, still on it's backing but out of the blister pack. But that's like people counting a starting lineup figure and card as two separate items.

I would take it regardless if its in the packaging, with card or not :)

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I would take it regardless if its in the packaging, with card or not :)

I guess my point is irrelevant now, as Beckett seems to have finally merged the two sets they used to list. They used to have one called something like "1990 Major League Player Collector Pin" as well as the "1990 MVP Pin". That being the case, yes, they exist as the one ASTROBURN posted, but they were never two separate items as Beckett listed them (until recently). Sorry for the confusion!

Members online

Latest posts