Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013-14 NCAA Hockey Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
BSU and UAH have a great rivalry, stemming back to the DII era. Having them enter the WCHA seems to be the biggest bright spot for BSU in the re-alignment.

The cool thing about the rivalry is that they met four times in the finals, each taking two wins, so it's hard for either side to argue who is historically better.

Of course, BSU "matured" faster and moved onto the DI ranks before UAH, and moved onto the WCHA before UAH did. That makes the rivalry a bit lopsided today, but it's still a fun one to watch.

As a BSU fan though, this was great to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BPNrntxCsI

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
A couple of notes about the past couple days:

-Minnesota defeats Ohio State at TCF Bank Stadium. 45,000 in attendance, breaks the state attendance record for a hockey game, and ranks 15th on the all-time, worldwide list.

-Minnesota defeats Ohio State today for their Hockey Day Minnesota matchup

-Bemidji State tied UND 1-1 last night, but lost 4-2 tonight (had some hope after the tie that they might do something tonight).

-Minnesota State-Mankato defeats #2 Ferris State 4-3

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Dont forget, Minnesota State also beat Ferris 6-2 on Friday, it was the first 2 losses of the season in the WCHA for them. The 6-2 loss was also the worst for Ferris State this season. Saturday night got a little crazy... 216 penalty minutes, 6 ejections including 3 game dq's (2 for MSU and 1 for Ferris). There really should have been a 4th game dq on Ferris State's goalie, not sure how they did not give him one as he was every bit as involved as the 3 other player. It kind of sucks as the Mavs will be missing 2 of their best players for the North Star Cup opener against Duluth.

Was definitely a fun series though, after the Mavs went 1-3 in Alaska, I was hoping for a split at best with Ferris.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Dont forget, Minnesota State also beat Ferris 6-2 on Friday, it was the first 2 losses of the season in the WCHA for them. The 6-2 loss was also the worst for Ferris State this season. Saturday night got a little crazy... 216 penalty minutes, 6 ejections including 3 game dq's (2 for MSU and 1 for Ferris). There really should have been a 4th game dq on Ferris State's goalie, not sure how they did not give him one as he was every bit as involved as the 3 other player. It kind of sucks as the Mavs will be missing 2 of their best players for the North Star Cup opener against Duluth.

Was definitely a fun series though, after the Mavs went 1-3 in Alaska, I was hoping for a split at best with Ferris.

I didn't know that they beat them the night before. I think that's great that they got the sweep.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I didn't know that they beat them the night before. I think that's great that they got the sweep.

Was definitely nice to see, I was totally expecting Ferris State to sweep us. Especially when the week before we were beat by Alaska when they only put up 10 shots for the entire game...

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Yeah and how does Motte not get a game dq from that?!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

Josh_Adams

Feb 10, 2014
North suburbs of Chicago
I went to Union College, in Schnectady, NY, and did the color commentary for the hockey team. They weren't that great when I was there, but now, they are in the top 10 in the Nation, with a Hobey Baker finalist in shane Gostisbehre. Go Dutchmen!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I went to Union College, in Schnectady, NY, and did the color commentary for the hockey team. They weren't that great when I was there, but now, they are in the top 10 in the Nation, with a Hobey Baker finalist in shane Gostisbehre. Go Dutchmen!

Union is having an incredible year, I've watched a couple of their games this year and they look like the real deal!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Well the Mavericks are tied for 1st in the WCHA now with Ferris State. Unfortunately, Ferris State has 2 games in hand on the Mavs. The Mavs are also 1st in the nation on shots per game, 3rd on the PP and 4th on the PK. And also 1st in penalty minutes :(

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Pretty sweet Mavericks mail day:

IMAG0179_zpso4dk9xt0.jpg

IMAG0177_zpswwlm876o.jpg

7c126320-1b70-4dc2-9ee2-445418435027_zpsa3189195.jpg

IMAG0174_zpslkofm29d.jpg