Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Interesting little setup today for a couple former Twins. Denard Span and Ben Revere are currently tied for 1st in the NL in hits with 183. Will be interesting to see if Span plays as the Nationals have been giving regulars a lot of rest before the playoffs, but just thought it was interesting seeing both of them at the top in the NL. Morneau also has a good chance at the NL Batting Title, leading Josh Harrison by .001 heading into Sunday.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
2011BowmanChromeProspectsGoldRefractorAutod33-50_zps8bcf8ad0.jpg
JosmilPinto2014FinestAuto_zps6b36cc8d.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Interesting little setup today for a couple former Twins. Denard Span and Ben Revere are currently tied for 1st in the NL in hits with 183. Will be interesting to see if Span plays as the Nationals have been giving regulars a lot of rest before the playoffs, but just thought it was interesting seeing both of them at the top in the NL. Morneau also has a good chance at the NL Batting Title, leading Josh Harrison by .001 heading into Sunday.

Plenty of great seasons from former Twins this year. Justin Morneau is on the bench for today's game and Harrison went 0-4 today. And nice pick ups with the Hicks gold and Pinto auto

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Well both Revere and Span ended up getting 1 hit each, so they ended in a tie for the NL lead. Span was pulled after a double, setting the Nationals team record for hits in a season.

[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] Thanks! The Hicks was too good for me to pass up even if he doesn't turn out to be the player people hoped he would be. I would prefer to get a Pinto Topps Chrome Auto, but I got the Finest in a small trade so I will take them if I can. BTW I love your signature!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well both Revere and Span ended up getting 1 hit each, so they ended in a tie for the NL lead. Span was pulled after a double, setting the Nationals team record for hits in a season.

@clarkzac Thanks! The Hicks was too good for me to pass up even if he doesn't turn out to be the player people hoped he would be. I would prefer to get a Pinto Topps Chrome Auto, but I got the Finest in a small trade so I will take them if I can. BTW I love your signature!

Thanks! I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to update it after TwinsFest to include a 2006 and 2014 Ginter to have the whole Ginter run represented

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Looks like Gardy is gone and the rest of the staff.

Hate to see him go but it hasn't been good the last few years. He was good for the team and the community in his time here. I bet he finds a new team before next year.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Gardenhire definitely took quite a bit of the blame that wasn't all on him. I think it is the right move to make because changes needed to happen, but I will miss him as a manager. I know a lot of Twins fans were calling for him to be fired, but hopefully instead of cheering this move that he is finally gone I think we need to appreciate everything that he brought us for the 13 years he managed the team. We've been really bad the past 4 season, but it wasn't always bad with him and that is what he should be remembered by.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
These are definitely hard to come by as I have so many Span 1/1's, I get excited when a new one gets listed. Updated my signature, only needing 2 printing plates and the superfractor from 2008 Topps Chrome now.

2008ToppsChromeYellowPrintingPlated1-1_zpsed4b764c.jpg

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Yesterday it became official, no longer a Twins season ticket holder. Just couldn't justify paying the prices for them when I can get tickets much cheaper on the secondary market and the benefits of being a STH didn't outweigh that difference. This season I felt like games were more of a hassle to schedule to go to and that kind of took the fun out of it. I think next year it will make it more fun that I will just pick and choose the games that I want to go to. I would have loved to stay for continuity reasons, but I would much rather put that money towards something else, like a potential trip to St. Louis to watch the Twins next season!

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Yesterday it became official, no longer a Twins season ticket holder. Just couldn't justify paying the prices for them when I can get tickets much cheaper on the secondary market and the benefits of being a STH didn't outweigh that difference. This season I felt like games were more of a hassle to schedule to go to and that kind of took the fun out of it. I think next year it will make it more fun that I will just pick and choose the games that I want to go to. I would have loved to stay for continuity reasons, but I would much rather put that money towards something else, like a potential trip to St. Louis to watch the Twins next season!

How long had you been a holder?

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
How long had you been a holder?

Just since they moved to Target Field, so 2010. Not a long time like plenty of other people, but I thought it would've been cool to be a STH there for as long as I could. Just couldn't justify it as of now. It doesn't help being fresh out of college and having to start paying all the bills either. That had something to do with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts