Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
First Pitch Preview... Yup. Still unchecked on my list :/

I'm not sold on the idea these exist for Bags. If they do, they are mega rare. Never even seen a scan of one. Not once. I thought there were questions surrounding the availability of the whole set. Ryan probably knows more on the subject since if it exists, it's probably passed through his hands at one point or another.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Nolan [MENTION=3735]clarkfan[/MENTION] would probably know. I have never seen a Bagwell. Though its been a long time since I followed the Previews. Nolan has probably tracked or sold most of what exists so hopefully he can share some insight.

Ryan

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Just picked this one up on eBay. I didn't expect to win it just kind of threw a bid out there. I do plan on moving it but may as well share it before I do.
I am also a little irritated because it is obvious the seller wasn't forthcoming with the refractor line in the cards and obviously took a picture which didn't show it and did not describe it in his description. Here is the auction...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121791575431?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here is the card I got in hand, still a very cool card IMO

Last edited:

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Nolan @clarkfan would probably know. I have never seen a Bagwell. Though its been a long time since I followed the Previews. Nolan has probably tracked or sold most of what exists so hopefully he can share some insight.

Ryan

If memory serves me right they only made it for players who played 5 years or longer so more so on the veteran players. I thought Bagwell came in 1992 but I would have to look but he would not be in the set if that's true. They sell for big money if he is in it. I sold my Sandberg on ebay for $510.00

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Just looked here is what beckett says so if he is not card 1-100 it doesn't exist.

This 100-card set was available through Pinnacle's Web site. Collectors had to answer a series of trivia questions to receive the cards via mail. The set parallels the first 100 cards of the regular issue Aficionado release and thus features only the veteran players that have five or more years of Major League service. The cards are similar in design except for the bronze foil highlights and logo on front designating them as "First Pitch Preview" cards.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I'm not sold on the idea these exist for Bags. If they do, they are mega rare. Never even seen a scan of one. Not once. I thought there were questions surrounding the availability of the whole set. Ryan probably knows more on the subject since if it exists, it's probably passed through his hands at one point or another.

Well. I can't be much help either. Theoretically, it exists. First 100 players in the set all have a FPP. I haven't even seen one for sale or tracked one that ultimately sold, but a member on here supposedly has a full set (1-100), although I haven't personally seen the pictures or scans of them to be 100% certain. Over and over again, people have doubted players like Omar Vizquel and Juan Gonzalez exist, but I still lean towards existing since the member that claims to have the full set is a trustworthy longtime member. With that said, if they do exist, they are very rare. I've worked on my personal set for years and for the past 3 or 4, haven't seen one listed that I hadn't seen or had previously.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
What do you think the approximate print run of FPP's are?

I honestly think it varies on player to player, or even further, how many collectors accessed the website and won that "prize" on any given day. I've seen a few players in the set that I'd almost consider common, even the big stars like McGwire, Frank Thomas and then others, that I've never personally seen a single one, like I mentioned above.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Just looked here is what beckett says so if he is not card 1-100 it doesn't exist.

This 100-card set was available through Pinnacle's Web site. Collectors had to answer a series of trivia questions to receive the cards via mail. The set parallels the first 100 cards of the regular issue Aficionado release and thus features only the veteran players that have five or more years of Major League service. The cards are similar in design except for the bronze foil highlights and logo on front designating them as "First Pitch Preview" cards.

Believe he is #73 when I looked last night.

And I believe a case by case basis on PR.

Ryan

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Just picked this one up on eBay. I didn't expect to win it just kind of threw a bid out there. I do plan on moving it but may as well share it before I do.
I am also a little irritated because it is obvious the seller wasn't forthcoming with the refractor line in the cards and obviously took a picture which didn't show it and did not describe it in his description. Here is the auction...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121791575431?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here is the card I got in hand, still a very cool card IMO

Do you think it sold low?

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Do you think it sold low?

I actually do which is why i am OK with the refractor line in it. Not to mention it isnt like there are other ones that dont have a refactor line being it is so Rare. Not sure it is worth what I re-listed it for but i think 100 bucks for a sure HOFer was a good deal. At least IMO. I could be wrong too. :)
This is my first crusades. The other ones i was shocked with how low were the Erstad and Petitte lots with purple green red proto combos. I think those were really good deals too.

Last edited:

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I picked up the Helton and Erstad runs. Made the off eBay overpay of the Giambi's sting a little less. The Helton I think was the best bargain since the Edmonds sale and are heading for the PC. The Erstad's, just because they were so underpriced, I threw down a bid.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
[MENTION=1888]JoshHamilton[/MENTION]

A Livan golden anniversary refractor /5 popped on COMC last night. The good news, one surfaced and there's a good likelihood another will never surface. The bad, it's an absolutely unreasonable asking price.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I actually do which is why i am OK with the refractor line in it. Not to mention it isnt like there are other ones that dont have a refactor line being it is so Rare. Not sure it is worth what I re-listed it for but i think 100 bucks for a sure HOFer was a good deal. At least IMO. I could be wrong too. :)
This is my first crusades. The other ones i was shocked with how low were the Erstad and Petitte lots with purple green red proto combos. I think those were really good deals too.

The other green proto RJ, sold earlier in the year, went for at least double if I recall.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I've own my Griffey Green for prolly over 10 years, still remember the day I saw it listed, one day it will join the Red and Purple
CRUSADECALLTOARMS.jpg

CALLTOARMS.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
[MENTION=1888]JoshHamilton[/MENTION]

A Livan golden anniversary refractor /5 popped on COMC last night. The good news, one surfaced and there's a good likelihood another will never surface. The bad, it's an absolutely unreasonable asking price.

A George Lombard Golden Anniversary Ref sold on COMC for $2.35. I have to assume someone f'ed up, that's just way too wrong to be done purposely.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009

A sure HOFer? I dunno, I think it's still up for debate...

;)

Members online