Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Family Traditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I know I posted this in the baseball section, but that is because my tradition revolves around baseball. Please post even if yours doesn't.

So, the other day my wife and I were talking about Logan's first baseball game, which was also my Fathers Day gift. My wife asked if I wanted to make it a tradition and take in a baseball game every year for Fathers Day. I couldn't say yes fast enough and a tradition was born.

What other family traditions do you guys have? Something you do every year, month, week? Sports related, or not?
Go....

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
We don't have a ton of family or personal traditions.

Since I was 9 years old I have went to a St. Louis Cardinals game the week of my birthday. I try to do it on my birthday, but if they're out of town, I go as close to it as I can. I'm 33 and I've done it every year since I was 9. So that's my biggest tradition.

My family, and my wife's parents go out to eat every Friday night.

My mother in law always buys my family pajamas and gives them to us on Christmas Eve so we can wear them while opening presents Christmas morning.

I work midnights, so I watch Monday Night RAW every Tuesday morning when I get off work.

Um, that's about all I can think of at the moment.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
We have a similiar tradition to [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]. For my first Father's Day my wife got us tickets to a Jays game. I decided that each year I'd take my kids on Jr Jays Saturdays, and actually this year I'll probably take my youngest to his first game (he just turned 4). I generally don't get to see much of the game, but the kids have fun in the Kids Zone and we usually come up with lots of Jays swag.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
We have a similiar tradition to [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]. For my first Father's Day my wife got us tickets to a Jays game. I decided that each year I'd take my kids on Jr Jays Saturdays, and actually this year I'll probably take my youngest to his first game (he just turned 4). I generally don't get to see much of the game, but the kids have fun in the Kids Zone and we usually come up with lots of Jays swag.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

Don't know if the Jays do it, but when we took Logan to his first game at about 6 months old, the ticket taker asked if it was his first game. He's 6 months old, duh, haha! No but it was nice of her to ask so I said it was, and she told me that if we go to fan services they will make a certificate to commemorate his first game, so we went and they'd either print it for you by the 7th inning, or they'd mail it to your house. We went with the mail route so it didn't get destroyed l and got it a couple weeks later.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Don't know if the Jays do it, but when we took Logan to his first game at about 6 months old, the ticket taker asked if it was his first game. He's 6 months old, duh, haha! No but it was nice of her to ask so I said it was, and she told me that if we go to fan services they will make a certificate to commemorate his first game, so we went and they'd either print it for you by the 7th inning, or they'd mail it to your house. We went with the mail route so it didn't get destroyed l and got it a couple weeks later.

The giants do that too. The A's give u a baby gun so they can protect themselves on Bart

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA

The Giants do and they did for Avery, who attended her first Giants game last season. It was the first time i have been there with the whole family, and i hope to do it again. They are good luck, cuz i have never caught a foul ball at any game until they were all there with me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 11

Members online

Latest posts