Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How is Craig Kimbrel still not signed to a team? (Update 6/5: Signed with Cubs)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scartchy18

May 21, 2013
Surprising that Keuchel isn't signed, Kimbrel too. I hate to do it but............, 'collusion' would be everywhere. Sad to say.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I don't get how he's not signed when the Braves desperately need him.

6 years/$120 million kind of reasons. If he comes off that then someone will sign him.

I think the CBA being up in 2 years is putting an artificial cap on contract lengths too for anyone not named Machado, Harper, or Trout.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
6 years/$120 million kind of reasons. If he comes off that then someone will sign him.
He came down from those demands a while ago. That's why his unsigning remains so strange a month into the season.

Ken Rosenthal says Kimbrel is looking for a deal similar to what Wade Davis and Zach Britton got this offseason.
Davis got three years and $52 million from the Rockies.
Britton got three years and $39 million from the Yankees.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
He came down from those demands a while ago. That's why his unsigning remains so strange a month into the season.

Ken Rosenthal says Kimbrel is looking for a deal similar to what Wade Davis and Zach Britton got this offseason.
Davis got three years and $52 million from the Rockies.
Britton got three years and $39 million from the Yankees.

A while ago, being like a week. He still has a draft pick tied to him until after the draft and he's behind the 8 ball now since he's missed all of spring training. Greg Holland imploding for most of his playing time last season has to be a cautionary tale to most teams looking to sign a Kimbrel going forward. I think at this point they're both going to have to accept pillow contracts, pitch well, and hope someone offers them a multi year deal next offseason. They (or listening to their agents) have screwed themselves out of a lot of money.

Last edited:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
...I'm tired of this "collusion" out cry. I don't think it's collusion that no team will sign me, clearly I'm not worth the league minimum. Just like these two aren't perceived to be worth what they are asking, now these two asshats have backed themselves into a corner and not only is money a concern but their preparedness for the year. Whoever signs them must be prepared to pay, but not use them in a game for them a good chunk of time.
It's hard for me to applaud a millionaire but I think Mike Moustakas is a great example. Over the past couple offseasons he has had to make some decisions that have impacted him financially but this dude clearly wants to play and has signed two consecutive one year deals...I'm sure boras was advising him otherwise.
Kimbrel and Keuchel can both suck it, if they really wanted to play they could have negotiated a deal to do so, they overvalued themselves.

Members online