Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1995 pinnacke artisit's proof silver foil variation...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
i know there's a thread here that covers the 1995 pinnacle artist's proofs with holographic foil instead of the regular gold foil and i could have sworn there was one here that at least MENTIONED a variation with silver foil as well but i simply cannot find it....

does anyone here have any up to date info on these variations (estimated print run , market values , etc) or at least a link to the thread or threads that discussed them ?

Dec 4, 2008
i know there's a thread here that covers the 1995 pinnacle artist's proofs with holographic foil instead of the regular gold foil and i could have sworn there was one here that at least MENTIONED a variation with silver foil as well but i simply cannot find it....

does anyone here have any up to date info on these variations (estimated print run , market values , etc) or at least a link to the thread or threads that discussed them ?

Umm, aren’t all the 1995 Pinnacle AP’s in silver foil? The base was gold foil, and the error AP variation was the Select version holographic foil.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Umm, aren’t all the 1995 Pinnacle AP’s in silver foil? The base was gold foil, and the error AP variation was the Select version holographic foil.

im looking at about 2 dozen of them now...i don't call the foil color silver on any of those...it's obviously not the same gold foil found the base cards , but it definitely has an appearance more nearly gold than silver (trying to think of other metallic color descriptives that may be more accurate but im drawing a blank)....the one i found last night in an album i acquired recently has a vastly different color foil....i call this one silver , but it is acually almost as bright as a piece of polished aluminum....just can't get a scan of the two to show the difference due to the glare....fwiw - the bright polished silver color is far more evident in the artist proof logo than in the rest of the foil....

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
You may be referring to this. It was described as Rainbow Foil. Here are some scans I saved:

95 Rainbow Foil AP Thomas.jpg

Never mind, you mentioned that right in the beginning and I missed it. I know there are a n umber of silver foil variations to other sets, but I don't recall if this one had it as well.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I think "Silver Foil variation" is another way of saying "regular artist proof." In all seriousness, I think it was the guy with the Thomas rainbow foil one above was calling the regular one the silver foil variation. Which, in effect it was. But only next to the rare rainbow foil version.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I think "Silver Foil variation" is another way of saying "regular artist proof." In all seriousness, I think it was the guy with the Thomas rainbow foil one above was calling the regular one the silver foil variation. Which, in effect it was. But only next to the rare rainbow foil version.

no....

i have my stack here that are all "normal" ...i've always considered the foil on them gold - just something of a dull (flat or upolished gold perhaps)...as i noted above i was trying to thin of some other metallic term to describe the basic versions....still not 100% accurate , but for some reason i'm leaning toward using the term pewter now (though honestly it is more nearly the color of stainless steel that has been exposed to too much heat during machining) .....the AP i uncovered this week is a bright silver , quite different from the basic artist's proofs.......

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
From what I remember, the 95 Artist Proof "Silver" Foil isn't necessarily a variation, but a screwing mixing ingredients for the foil, that gave a lighter, more silver appearance (instead of gold)

1992 Topps Gold and 1992-1994 Leaf had similar issues. If you consider those a variation, then you'd probably consider the 1995-1996 Artist Proof Silvers a variation.

Sonic311

Jun 14, 2016
Paramount, CA
OP Can you snap some pics with your phone and post them so folks here can better assist.
I have only seen the regular proofs and holographic ones. If you in fact have something different player/set collectors will have a new card to chase.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
1995-pinnacle-ap-front.jpg1995-pinnacle-front.jpg
Base card included for comparison

In hand this AP looks flat silver and even in the pics you can see the difference. Are you telling me there's a Gold Variation (with the regular 95 Pinnacle Gold Foil) as well? My understanding, going back to '95, was the base was gold and the AP was silver. Do I have another card to chase down?

Members online