Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAVALIERCARDS... Shill Much??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Where did cavalier say the items were on consignment and shilled by the person? Lot of talking and little proof just people's opinions. Jeff if someone accused you of shilling in that situation I doubt you would take it with smiles and roses.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
They have too little to gain and too much to lose by doing something so dumb.
Which still isn't proof of anything as shown last week by a seller who sells tens of thousands dollars in cards and had a great reputation, forged an inscription in an attempt to make 100 or so dollars extra.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Where did cavalier say the items were on consignment and shilled by the person? Lot of talking and little proof just people's opinions. Jeff if someone accused you of shilling in that situation I doubt you would take it with smiles and roses.
I asked on the first page.
No reply.
Cavs hasn't returned.......

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
What is he supposed to do thank him. It was obvious it was shilled and many other auctions. The sellers reaction regarding some of his customers was "chuckleheads" classy indeed. If my auctions were being shilled I would apologize to any customers especially a customer who has sent a good deal of money with them prior. That all of the sudden doesnt count for anything wheres the customer service there. Then I would pull any of those auction with questionable bidding with apologies.
Because instead of saying "I believe there to be suspicious shilling activity on ##### auctions and want my bids cancelled" he accused the seller of doing it.

Stay classy.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
What is he supposed to do thank him. It was obvious it was shilled and many other auctions. The sellers reaction regarding some of his customers was "chuckleheads" classy indeed. If my auctions were being shilled I would apologize to any customers especially a customer who has sent a good deal of money with them prior. That all of the sudden doesnt count for anything wheres the customer service there. Then I would pull any of those auction with questionable bidding with apologies.

im sooooo sure ;)

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010

Can not end an auction under 12 hours, so that seems to be the case here. He said he assumed when someone told him because eBay has been full of a lot of deadbeats lately for many sellers, look at the threads on multiple boards. So if someone said hey jcmint you are a shilling and its less than 12 to go, you are going to not be able to do anything unless you see the message instantly and you would defend yourself too.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I would contact ebay, It would take 5-10 minutes topps. I do sell alot and have had some situations like this. You do what you can.

Can not end an auction under 12 hours, so that seems to be the case here. He said he assumed when someone told him because eBay has been full of a lot of deadbeats lately for many sellers, look at the threads on multiple boards. So if someone said hey jcmint you are a shilling and its less than 12 to go, you are going to not be able to do anything unless you see the message instantly and you would defend yourself too.

ScHmIdTy24

Aug 17, 2013

Hi I am just starting collecting and would like some help starting out. I would like ANY low end jersey or autos. I also want to collect LA lakers NY Yankees STL Cardinals GB Packers BO celtics I will take ANY unwanted cards I want mainly Laker and Yankee cards

~Andrew

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

Hi I am just starting collecting and would like some help starting out. I would like ANY low end jersey or autos. I also want to collect LA lakers NY Yankees STL Cardinals GB Packers BO celtics I will take ANY unwanted cards I want mainly Laker and Yankee cards

~Andrew

Nope

Come back after your suspension and do things right

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
I would contact ebay, It would take 5-10 minutes topps. I do sell alot and have had some situations like this. You do what you can.

Yes if you are sitting there watching your auctions and every email.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Why are you such a god damn ******? is there ever any thread you can go into without sounding like an *******???? I thought I told you to stop posting before you look like one? Apparently you didn't listen.

Sorry God Boss Mom President.

Also, all of the name calling and foul language? I'm gonna take you super seriously when you continue to talk to me like that. I don't remember calling you or anyone else such crass and rude names.

I guarantee that he wouldn't be extremely nice and bend over and take it if he was accused of shilling. Guarantee.

Last edited:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

Also, all of the name calling and foul language? I'm gonna take you super seriously when you continue to talk to me like that. I don't remember calling you or anyone else such crass and rude names.

I guarantee that he wouldn't be extremely nice and bend over and take it if he was accused of shilling. Guarantee.

I give it a few more weeks before you are suspended.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
My point is that if you were nice to him, he probably would have been nice back.

He also has probably got 1,000 rude messages before yours, so sorry on his behalf if he didn't just bend over and take your false and outlandish accusations.

"Sir, you just ran up my bid $15 through illegal means. Please go ahead and cancel your shill bids so I can buy the item for a few dollars. Thanks a lot, and have a good day!"

Really?

Really?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I live in Charlottesville (have been here for 12 years but am moving in a week) and Cavalier is my LCS. They are solid members of the community and run an honest business. They are absolutely on the up and up and trustworthy.

As people have pointed out, the cards they sell are on consignment. The consigner shilled his cards. Cavalier would not risk the thousands of cards they sell for a few bucks on a card that is not even theirs.

Let's keep perspective on this.

Mike Cancellaire dealt with thousands of dollars worth of cards as well. Yet his reputation was ruined for a $150 card.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

Perhaps it's time to unignore Alex and ignore this tool.

Is that a threat, Mr. Buster,that you're going to find my auctions and shill them?

Last edited:

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
What I don't understand and it may be common is why a guy from Little Rock Arkansas would send his 18.00 card for consignment in Virginia? After the initial shipping, consignor's cut, ebay fees, paypal fees, etc. how much is there really to be made? Are there not any consignors in Arkansas?

Members online