Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I just blew my collecting budget for a bit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I have been wanting a Lou Gehrig for a long time so when I saw this on Legendary Auctions I really wanted it. Also, because it also has Tony Lazzeri who is a really expensive HOFer auto to get.
This is easily the most I have ever spent on one item. It was just over $3,000 including bp.

Here she is...

4 x 6 Card Lou Gehrig & Tony Lazzeri
AU | NFT | Grader: PSA | Grade: AU

I would love to hear what you think. Did I overpay?
Thanks.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I like the Gehrig as it is almost untouched by any other signatures. Usually when you see a "mass signature grouping" like this one, often the autographs overlap each other. I think that, combined with getting the "Push 'Em Up" Lazzeri on the same item is a good find and a decent buy given what other Iron Horse signatures go for these days.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Overpay...I don't think so at all.

Gehrig is a much tougher sig than Ruth and the Lazzeri addition is great. If it was me I'd be tempted to created a duel cut because they are so close together.

:)

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Overpay...I don't think so at all.

Gehrig is a much tougher sig than Ruth and the Lazzeri addition is great. If it was me I'd be tempted to created a duel cut because they are so close together.

:)

Believe me...I have thought of that too, but it is already slabbed and I would hate to risk damaging it taking it out.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Fantastic piece! I don't claim to know the market but if you can swing a piece like that you go for it!

Members online

Latest posts