Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

••••••"Dear eBay sellers"••••••

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Dear eBay sellers,

Stop exhorting me to "buy your card before it skyrockets in price." If a card is going to skyrocket in price, just stick it in your damn closet. Otherwise, it just makes you look like an idiot. Skyrocket. WTF.

Stop overcharging for shipping, then underpostaging the frigging PWE you send it in. If you send me one more single-stamped PWE with a 21-cent postage due note after I paid you $3 for shipping, I am going to take the civil service exam, become a mail carrier, put in my time and build up my seniority, clout myself a transfer to your town, befriend your normal carrier and switch with him one day so for once he can see his daughter at her gymnastics tournament, come to your house and actually "Go Postal" on you.

And I swear there is a special circle of Hell for people who use the term "pack fresh." They're frigging pieces of cardboard, not frigging donuts, not frigging molecules of livermorium. And when I get to Hell, if there is no such special circle, I swear to Satan I will volunteer to build one out of the flayed carcasses and wailing souls of all the other card-hypers, under-postagers, and mothers of toddler beauty pageant contestants.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Dear people who don't use eBay,

When quoting me a price in person, please don't look up the highest BIN/BO on eBay and tell me that the price you find as it's "value," then proceed to tell me that your price is "better," and that it's really good deal because I don't have to pay shipping.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Dear Ebay sellers,

Printing the label but not dropping it off until five days later, does not constitute one day handling.

Minor pet peeve. Would rather not get tracking until it is actually being mailed.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Dear eBay seller

Dont be shocked when I open a case after you mail a $250 in a PWE...........(Seriously this happened).

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Dear Ebay seller,

Just becsuse Bagwell played for the Astros, doesnt mean he needs to be in the title of your listing for your Biggio, Berkman, or Nolan Ryan item.

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Feel free to counter my offer if you want more money.

This is what gets me. I will make a good offer on a card only to have it declined by a seller. Why even have best offer on an item? The other thing that gets me is when cards are shipped in the snap cases, normally on thicker cards. The card moves around way to much, some guys will put paper or packing peanut in there to help with movment, but still not a fan of them.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Auto relist
If it hasn't sold in 3 years
Lower the price or don't relist it
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

And a penny sleeve would be nice

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
"I'm buying this for my son, he is dying, can you give me 50% off??"

"This is a pc card, I need it, give me a price break, then its listed the same day, it was dlvrd"

"Can you please ship the card in a new mag case??" for a $2 card

"I can't pay for the auction!!"
my son won it
I left the computer on and my dog licked enter
I lost all 3 of my jobs and my wife died
Someone hacked my account
Yah, I won it, but I don't want it any more
(The biggest one)
No communication and no pay, happens 2-4 times a week (NPB)

Had one guy stop payment on a card, with a credit card (amex) 9 months after purchase

I love the, sneaking the free shipping, into the terms on the phone app.

Holding a buyer to a mistake because its the honest thing to do.
on the flip side, letting the deal go, or working out a small discount on the card, is also the honest thing to do

Card drops in value, buyer doesn't want it any more, so file the item not as described case (2 of these have come back bgs 9.5)

My favorite, buy a case, wait 8 days to see if it goes up, when it drops 200, don't pay.

Then, when relisted, win it again, with another acct, but not be smart enough to have a different address

Lie that a redemption didn't work, then when pushed a little, it suddenly works.

I will only offer $450, because we both know he is finished and that card is going to tank

I can tell by the picture, that card is damaged, so I am offering 25%, current price. (2 have come back, 9.5 and 9)

Come on guys, as a buyer and seller, I, as well as you, have had problems on ebay,
but it's 80/20 buyer/seller. And that may just be, being polite.
People try to lie, trick me into a sale, low ball, non pay, use the lowest sale price as the current market price
everyday and all week long. Some sellers suck, most buyers suck. Lucky for us, fcb, weeds out much of this
and members here aren't normally the problems and hopefully stay above the acts of the shady.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Slight modification here...

dear COMC seller that i am unable to contact,
please come back with a counter offer instead of declining all three of my offers. If you dont want to go back and forth with offers, then set your account up to not accept offers. Its not difficult...

Members online

Latest posts