Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Thanks to tenballer I'm down to 29 Thome Teks to go. A great transaction with fast shipping and great packaging. Thanks Max!

Still need these Thome Teks- 3, 4, 16, 17, 19, 22, 24-26, 28, 32, 34, 35, 41, 42, 44, 52-54, 59, 63, 70, 72, 75, 80, 81, 83, 87, and 90

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
My 98 tek collection is being sold. If I have already given you a price and you want to move forward with a deal then I will honor it. If not, I won't sell any other 98 teks. Thanks to those of you who I have dealt with already.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Sorry to break your rule, Fandruw :p but this one is interesting and a warning...

I have never seen a lot photo where the lighting was such, and the spotting so bad, that it made a non-diffractor look like a diffractor:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/21-Card-Lot-1998-Topps-Tek-Johnson-Sosa-Alomar-Guerrero-Sheffield-Other-/221526029653?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3393faf555

Although the pictures are grainy I'm 100% positive the Alomar and Fullmer are diffractors. Not so sure on the Sheffield (the one I assume you meant from your description). Whoever wins this feel free to sell me the Burks pattern 90 in there I need it.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Although the pictures are grainy I'm 100% positive the Alomar and Fullmer are diffractors. Not so sure on the Sheffield (the one I assume you meant from your description). Whoever wins this feel free to sell me the Burks pattern 90 in there I need it.

I'll take a shot bidding on this and the guy's other listing. If I win, I'll let everyone know which are real diffractors and which are very heavily spotted pieces of #@*?.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I did win the 19 card misc. lot with a diffractor and some pseudo-diffractors. Lots of other bidders. If anyone here needed a particular card for their collection, let me know via PM or e-mail to [email protected]. I'll post the results of the diffractor hunt when I get the cards.

Rich
I saw a few lots like this, so not sure which one you won but if it has a Belle let me know. I saw one lot which had a Belle which looked like a diffractor but could have been just a lot of dots or something.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
The same seller has two other auctions that are still going on. One of them has the beat-up Belle card that looks to be very heavily spotted. If I win the lot, I'll let you know.

Rich

I saw a few lots like this, so not sure which one you won but if it has a Belle let me know. I saw one lot which had a Belle which looked like a diffractor but could have been just a lot of dots or something.

Members online