Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most exoensive modern Topps base RC ever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stangy24

Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I know this is a baseball forum, but have people seen what Stephen Curry's base Topps rookie card has been going for lately??? This has to be the most expensive base Topps modern Rookie Card, right? I'm sure they'll come back down to earth, but.... WOW!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Is that card SP'd or is the set printed in much lesser quantity? That makes absolutely no sense otherwise. I think back to say the year Grant Hill was the hot rookie. If you bought a single box of Topps cards that year, you'd probably hit 3-4 Hill RCs and the box was probably no more than $50-60, if that!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Depending on how you define Modern, it may be. Gretzky Topps rookies were $500+ and still are $350+ for nice copies. I remember Henderson rookies booking at $180 or so back around 1991-92, and back then things actually sold for around book price, especially the super-hot cards. And Cal Ripken's 82 TTr was $200+ I think? Nomar's 92 TTr RC was a strong seller at $90-100, and booked slightly higher. But yeah, selling steadily at $300+, Curry is boss. Even Lebron's base RC never got that high.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, it really is a feeding frenzy right now. The only thing I can remember even remotely close to this is when Mark MaGuire Olympic RC cards were exploding.

At the time the 1985 topps cards were still recent and no shortage to be found but well centered clean copies were fetching 300 to 400 at its peak.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Connor McDavid's Upper Deck Young Guns base RC, BGS 10, sold for $2500. Non auto. Not numbered. It sold 12/29/15.

Not Topps, but still worth noting.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I remember last checking how much it was going for a couple a months ago (around $50) and I thought it was a bit pricy for an airbrushed base Topps RC. Now the prices are flat out insane and I really don't get the hype. Well, now is obviously the time for me to dump the one I have on COMC or something. I also have his Studio RC which IMO looks way nicer and goes for way cheaper. That one is a definite keeper:)

Members online

Latest posts