Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Thanks for the kind words though...that's cool.:)

how many hounds are you working with right now Art?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Pretty active day at the Winter Meetings. I really like MLB Network:D

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Thanks for the kind words though...that's cool.:)

how many hounds are you working with right now Art?

Only got 1 that I'm working with here at home. A Corgi mix for a doctor and his wife. Just some basic house training really, potty, manners, and social of course.

Then we have our 6 everyday also. :)

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Only got 1 that I'm working with here at home. A Corgi mix for a doctor and his wife. Just some basic house training really, potty, manners, and social of course.

Then we have our 6 everyday also. :)

Art- Any tips for house training a beagle? My fiance and I are getting one in February and I've never had a dog before and could use some tips.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Rewards and praise worked well or us when we got our dog. Art can give the best answer I'm sure.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Our dog at home is horrible. I love the little guy to death, but we are his second home and the first home left him outside all day (not an outside dog). For awhile we were living in a house with a doggy door but we have lived in an apartment for the past 2 years and take him out when possible, but it seems that in between taking him out is when he decides he has to go again. Its a pain in the butt and we have thought about getting rid of him but we love him too much to do that

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Rewards and praise worked well or us when we got our dog. Art can give the best answer I'm sure.

I don't disagree with that Dan, but when I work with dogs, I make them earn what they get. Momma doesn't reward pups for going poop outside the den. :)
When I train, I train like a mother dog would do it, at least when it comes to bad behavior. There's alot of ways people train dogs to come, sit, stay, and I use some of them for that purpose, but most people call me for bad behavior, because they didn't ask a few simple questions "before" getting a dog. ::facepalm::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts