Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************* Sunday Morning Thread ************** 12/22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Championship weekend for my Fantasy Football leagues. Champ game in one and 3rd place game in the other. Hope to win both.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. Sounds like I might be heading out to my girlfriend's grandparents. They have a farm about 25 miles away from here. Have to first go about 20 miles to Hemingford, which is about 20 miles, and a town of about 500, if that. Then go north from there. Not sure, but [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION] might now where Hemingford is :lol:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Championship weekend for my Fantasy Football leagues. Champ game in one and 3rd place game in the other. Hope to win both.

---

Good luck! I'm in the Championship game for the first time in my work league. 3 previous years I made final four but lost in playoff game. I want the trophy! Need a big game from the Cowboys (Have Romo, Murray and Bryant) and rooting against Peyton Manning and Jamaal Charles. Weather in Washington is making me worry.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good luck! I'm in the Championship game for the first time in my work league. 3 previous years I made final four but lost in playoff game. I want the trophy! Need a big game from the Cowboys (Have Romo, Murray and Bryant) and rooting against Peyton Manning and Jamaal Charles. Weather in Washington is making me worry.

Yea, the 3/4 game is my work league. Pissed I have no chance at the trophy :(

The other one is with buddies and basically it all comes down to the Eagles game. The guy I'm playing has Foles, McCoy and their D or something. If they struggle or lay down, then I'll be in good shape.

---

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Good morning guys! I haven't checked in a while so I thought I'd creep around and see how everyone is doing...and find more Phil Ervin cards! It's been a great weekend so far. Got home from work on Friday, drove around and checked out Christmas lights and then watched my NDSU Bison stomp their way through the FCS Semis. Yesterday my wife's boss took us out for dinner and then we went to a friends for drinks and board games. Played a couple new, very fun games. I believe they were called Rumicube and Ticket to Ride (train game). It was a fun evening. Now I'm gonna hop out of bed, plant myself in front of the tv and veg for the rest of the day!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I guess for not working out since 2004 these results (even though they are not 100% accurate) make me feel pretty good.

Results:
Using your measurements of a 34 inches waist and weight of 194 pounds your body fat percentage we calculated using FOUR different methods.

Your body fat estimates are
18.39 % using the U.S. Army body fat algorithm, or
10.80 % using the U.S. Marine body fat algorithm, or
14.45 % using the U.S. Navy body fat algorithm, or
15.94 % using the formula developed by the YMCA.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
Good morning.

848a3cc0-6231-4e30-8466-9662cffba6cc_zpsc875574c.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Well, I took a chance and bought something for my Don Zimmer PC last night that I think is incredibly rare. You know those 3 card advertising panels you see as Topps Heritage boxtoppers these days? Those are based on actual Topps Salesman samples that were issued by Topps back in the1950's and early 1960's. Those 3-card uncut panels are EXTREMELY rare, often selling for $1,000-$5,000 depending on condition and player combinations. Here's a 1960 example (sold for $5,070 in 2011).

120449a_lg.jpeg

120449b_lg.jpeg

So what I found is a hand-cut section of one of those advertising panels. Granted, it was badly cut, but given the rarity of such things, I bought it.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I've spent the morning researching 1960 Topps Salesman/Advertising Panels, and found images of four different 1960 3-card panels from auction house listings and Net 54 discussions. But none of those include a Zimmer. I can't find any reference to a panel that included Zimmer. From the cut, it would have been the middle card of the panel. I don't have it in hand yet, but from the scans I'm very sure it's legitimate, but will reserve final decision until it's in hand.

So I'm excited to add this really rare, uncatalogued card to my PC. Will look to find more information on it, and maybe one day discover who the two other players on the panel were. I love a good baseball card mystery!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good Morning Everyone. Other than working two jobs (which my real job we have been on a six day work week, 12 hours a day for the past two weeks and I am salaried so there is no extra pay), life has thrown me some curve balls lately. My girl friends brother passed away in a car accident in Baton Rouge two weeks ago and she was very close with him and it has been hard on her and her mom. Then my mom found out that the knee surgery she had scheduled for next year had been canceled because they would no longer be taking her insurance after the 1st thanks to Obamacare so she rushed up the surgery to this week and now the rehab facility has already decided not to accept their insurance. My dad also has not been doing well lately and has not been able to take care of my mom through this situation. Between the VA and workers comp it seems as if we can not get a single positive thing done for him. Then last night I decided it was time to call it quits with the girlfriend and this morning she had been collecting some of her things from my house. And throughout this whole process my ex-wive has been fighting with me about every little possible thing she can imagine. I can not wait for the holidays to be over, but I hope everyone else is enjoying their holidays and Geaux Saints!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Great pickup Brad!

[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] hang in there man, one day at a time and feel free to vent/rant anytime there's a need

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Good Morning Everyone. Other than working two jobs (which my real job we have been on a six day work week, 12 hours a day for the past two weeks and I am salaried so there is no extra pay), life has thrown me some curve balls lately. My girl friends brother passed away in a car accident in Baton Rouge two weeks ago and she was very close with him and it has been hard on her and her mom. Then my mom found out that the knee surgery she had scheduled for next year had been canceled because they would no longer be taking her insurance after the 1st thanks to Obamacare so she rushed up the surgery to this week and now the rehab facility has already decided not to accept their insurance. My dad also has not been doing well lately and has not been able to take care of my mom through this situation. Between the VA and workers comp it seems as if we can not get a single positive thing done for him. Then last night I decided it was time to call it quits with the girlfriend and this morning she had been collecting some of her things from my house. And throughout this whole process my ex-wive has been fighting with me about every little possible thing she can imagine. I can not wait for the holidays to be over, but I hope everyone else is enjoying their holidays and Geaux Saints!

I hope things work out for the best man. I know with the holidays here family is important. Make sure you give your love ones hugs as they will need them. best of luck man!

A_Pharis

Things will get better.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I believe they were called Rumicube and Ticket to Ride (train game). It was a fun evening. Now I'm gonna hop out of bed, plant myself in front of the tv and veg for the rest of the day!

Awesome game! I have playe dthe board version a few times, but I also got it for my Ipad. I totally recommend getting it for ipad. You can play online (Ive played with my dad before), or just play solo against computer opponents. fun stuff!

Dustin - I hope things get better for you. They will eventually. Just hang in there and know you have buds here to help keep you positive.

:grouphug:

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL

Just keep your head up, eventually things will get better.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] Everything will turn around for the better. Hang in there

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

Hang in there Dustin. Things will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts