Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is your favorite damaged card in your collection? Post them up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
reynolds.JPG

Each piece was in a separate retail pack.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Probably just a typo in the card text that Bell caught as being wrong, as it appears that O'Neil was a manager at one point, but not an owner of the club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Monarchs

I've seen a few other cases where players decided to "deface" the cards with their comments or corrections. I have a RC card signed by Darrell Porter, where he scratches out Jerry bell's name, as Porter is apparently pictured above bell's name and vice versa I assume. They both look similar, except for the glasses.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Probably just a typo in the card text that Bell caught as being wrong, as it appears that O'Neil was a manager at one point, but not an owner of the club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Monarchs

I've seen a few other cases where players decided to "deface" the cards with their comments or corrections. I have a RC card signed by Darrell Porter, where he scratches out Jerry bell's name, as Porter is apparently pictured above bell's name and vice versa I assume. They both look similar, except for the glasses.

Would like to see a picture if you have one.

Wouldn't Bell know who owned the team he played for?

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Card was in this condition before it was signed in the mid 80's. I was 8 or 9 years old and at my first card show with my dad. He searched a few tables and picked up the card so I could have Gibson sign it. My first ever auto. I had it sent to PSA for protection a few years ago and it will never leave my collection.

Bob-Gibson-1971-Topps-signed-PSADNA.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Here are my 1966 & 1967 Mickey Mantle cards that I carried in my billfold when in junior high. These were extras and I found them in my old billfold about 20 years ago.
DANNY

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Card was in this condition before it was signed in the mid 80's. I was 8 or 9 years old and at my first card show with my dad. He searched a few tables and picked up the card so I could have Gibson sign it. My first ever auto. I had it sent to PSA for protection a few years ago and it will never leave my collection.

Bob-Gibson-1971-Topps-signed-PSADNA.jpg

What a pretty signature he has.Perfectly legible.He still signs his name that way today.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Love the sentimental stuff guys!

If I'm not mistaken, [MENTION=1727]ThoseBackPages[/MENTION] got a damaged card in the mail today

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
No, it was pack pulled by myself in 1985, then it was in my wallet for three years before i had Dwight sign it :)

Looks like Gooden is caught in a snowstorm on that card.Back then that Gooden had to be worth some good money.Dude was filthy in his prime.

Members online