Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How rare is this Hank Aaron auto ... ??? (pickups from local show)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nutcracker33

Aug 12, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi

I picked up a couple nice cards from a local card show today

first is this nice griffey

and second

just wondering how rare is this hank auto

i think i got a steal for the pair, but just not sure ... ;)

Thanks
Tom

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Off the top of my head, I believe the Manny Ramirez, Jeter and Stargell were also SP'd from that set.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Love the Aaron
anyone else think the Griffey patches are off

Look pretty good. Run a search of Griffey SP Game Used Patch Auto , or 2004 SP Significant Numbers and they look fairly consistent. Or are you meaning using the Reds and Mariners on the same card ?

Ryan

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Yeah I have owned and sold many griffey patches. I just dont see many like that with both teams.

Look pretty good. Run a search of Griffey SP Game Used Patch Auto , or 2004 SP Significant Numbers and they look fairly consistent. Or are you meaning using the Reds and Mariners on the same card ?

Ryan

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Yeah I have owned and sold many griffey patches. I just dont see many like that with both teams.

I don't really have knowledge of the patches directly, but if someone were to fake patches they would almost certainly use only one jersey/team. That makes me pretty confident those are legitimate.

nutcracker33

Aug 12, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ok

- the show was on a Sunday ...

- I paid less than 200 for the pair, it was from a dealer who just rips wax and stores the cards away, he's an owner of restaurant which is under renovation, so he has some free time, decides to takes 1 of his many shoeboxes and setup

- I have no knowledge of the cards until after they were bought

- I saw another copy of the griffey in a PC and that card too has patches from both his teams

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts