Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EDIT: Nevermind, glitch on ESPN's stats page.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
EDIT: Disregard this nonsensical thread.
There was a glitch on ESPN's stats page last night when I looked up the league leaders, because it showed the following:

I had to do a double take looking at the league stats leaders tonight.

Whit Merrifield is leading the AL with a .299 batting average.

And only five AL players are hitting above .280!

51 years ago, Carl Yastrzemski led the AL with a .301 average, the lowest batting title ever. But that was when the mound was higher and pitchers were dominating. But this year, it’s just pathetic battng eyes and caring only about home runs.

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not sure I agree with your policework there, Lou.

Last edited:

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Devers is at .329.

He does have something of a point though. There are only 8 qualified hitters hitting above .300 this year in the AL and only 4 in the NL.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I had to do a double take looking at the league stats leaders tonight.

Whit Merrifield is leading the AL with a .299 batting average.

And only five AL players are hitting above .280!

51 years ago, Carl Yastrzemski led the AL with a .301 average, the lowest batting title ever. But that was when the mound was higher and pitchers were dominating. But this year, it’s just pathetic battng eyes and caring only about home runs.

I got the same from ESPN. I knew it was wrong. But what do you expect from ESPN.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Ditto. When I watch a Rays game and a few of the player come to bat I say to my wife MR pop-up. She will say why is that? Then he upper cuts the ball and pops it up. Then she says Now I get it.
It has become a JOKE.

Members online

Latest posts