Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I think the Rays/Pirates should work out a trade...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Everyone knows the Rays are shopping Price. Everyone knows the Pirates are basically a SP and a decent SS away from possibly an NL championship. They Rays want a nice package of prospects for Price and the Pirates have them.

Rays send:

David Price
Ben Zobrist

Pirates send:

Jameson Taillon
Alen Hanson
Luis Heredia
Tony Sanchez
Jordy Mercer

This would fill two major needs of the Pirates and also stockpile the Rays to keep them competitive for years to come. The Pirates then should sign someone like James Loney to fill their 1B void. P

Pirates rotation would look like:

David Price
Francisco Liriano
Gerrit Cole
Wandy Rodriguez
Charlie Morton/Jeff Locke

Lineup:

C - Russell Martin
1B - James Loney
2B - Neil Walker
SS - Ben Zobrist
3B - Pedro Alvarez
OF - Jose Tabata/Travis Snider
OF - Andrew McCutchen
OF - Starling Marte

Possible new Rays rotation:

Matt Moore
Jeremy Hellickson
Alex Cobb
Chris Archer
Jameson Taillon/Jake Odorizzi/Taylor Guerreri/Alex Colome

Possible Rays lineup:

C - Ryan Hanigan/Jose Molina/Tony Sanchez
1B - Matt Joyce/FA
2B - Jordy Mercer/Hak Ju Lee/Alen Hanson/Sean Rodriguez
SS - Yunel Escobar
3B - Evan Longoria
OF - Wil Myers
OF - David DeJesus
OF - Desmond Jennings
DH - FA (I can see someone like Mark Reynolds)

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If the Pirates don't add either Glasnow or Kingham to that list, I would turn it down.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If the James shields trade is any indication, I'm not sure the pirates could get price without giving up at least one of polanco or glasnow.

The Rays absolutely crushed the Royals in that trade. It's hard to use that trade as any indication. Otherwise, Price would command a four way trade with the Rangers, Cardinals, and Red Sox and get Profar, Wacha, and Bogaerts in return. Who get's Price? Who knows. The Royals were very desperate for pitching.

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If the Pirates don't add either Glasnow or Kingham to that list, I would turn it down.

IF the Rays do trade Price, I think you'll be surprised how "underwhelming" the package will be compared to what they got for Shields. Not sure they are going to pull that magic off again.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Everyone keeps saying we got crushed in the shields trade. We traded a big OF bat for an ace. An ace that's already stated he'd like to stay in KC. Last time I checked 25-30 HR CO's are a lot easier to come by than an ace.

Odorizzi was expendable and Montgomery is utter crap. Same with Wade Davis.

Members online

Latest posts