Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seattle acquires Leonys Martin & Anthony Bass from Texas for James Jones & Tom Wilhelmsen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Seattle acquires Leonys Martin & Anthony Bass from Texas for James Jones & Tom Wilhelmsen

I like the deal for Seattle as they were looking for a rangy CF that can actually hit. Wilhelmsen had a bumpy last couple season's with the M's, but still is a valuable bullpen piece. James Jones is speed guy, like Dyson, so that'll help late inning for the Rangers.

SamHill

Feb 15, 2015
TX
Interesting trade. The Rangers cut some salary. Counting on Brinson to be the man in CF next year I guess.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Interesting trade. The Rangers cut some salary. Counting on Brinson to be the man in CF next year I guess.

I don't know if I'd go that far. They have Delino Deshields Jr. for CF right now, and I believe they are looking at Brinson for a corner OF spot if he comes up next year

SamHill

Feb 15, 2015
TX
I don't know if I'd go that far. They have Delino Deshields Jr. for CF right now, and I believe they are looking at Brinson for a corner OF spot if he comes up next year
They think an awful lot of Brinson. Deshield back to super utility role after Brinson's mid-season callup.(My best nostradamus :lol:).

Members online

Latest posts