Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Set checklist with just card numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Somewhere I once saw a checklist you can print out that only has a checkbox and a card number. It was to be used for multiple sets. I can't seem to find it now. I was wanting to print a few to put in the boxes with the sets I am working on so I can check them off as I get them. Every site I have looked at the checklists are multiple pages and I believe the one I saw was one or two pages. Has anyone seen this anywhere? Thanks

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Somewhere I once saw a checklist you can print out that only has a checkbox and a card number.

I created one that has card numbers and you simply cross them off with a sharpie as you catalog them while building a set.

Attached is mine - good for sets up to 880 cards and enough room across the top to write or create a label to adhere to the printout for the year/manuf/brand of the set you are working on.

Attachments

• set building.pdf
    13.1 KB · Views: 12

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I created one that has card numbers and you simply cross them off with a sharpie as you catalog them while building a set.

Attached is mine - good for sets up to 880 cards and enough room across the top to write or create a label to adhere to the printout for the year/manuf/brand of the set you are working on.

Thanks, that is a big help. I appreciate you sharing it. It will work great for what I need.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
There's also this which you can plop into Excel or something

Or just use the "fill" option like I did generating my set building worksheet when I created it. ;)

As for BenG76... OPEN OFFICE! Suite similar to MS Office with free download and use, no monthly fees, no cloud, generates files that are compatible with MS Office. When I got my computer, didn't want to spend hundreds on MS Office software so I downloaded Open Office. The decision becomes even better now that MS screwed the pooch by selling the MS Office suite as a cloud product with a recurring monthly fee.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I may have to try the checkbox version on the set I am getting ready to start and see if that makes cataloging go quicker to only have to mark off or fill in a checkbox instead of wiping out the whole number with a sharpie marker like my own setbuilding form.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Here's a PDF I created that also has checkboxes, plus a link to the Google Sheets file if you want to export it as a different format.

How are the checkboxes done? Seeing the checklist on google docs, it seemed like you just used a box "special character" next to the card numbers. After I downloaded the XLS file and opened it in OpenOffice, I see that the cells in the checkbox column all say "FALSE" and I don't recognize what is going on with that.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
How are the checkboxes done? Seeing the checklist on google docs, it seemed like you just used a box "special character" next to the card numbers. After I downloaded the XLS file and opened it in OpenOffice, I see that the cells in the checkbox column all say "FALSE" and I don't recognize what is going on with that.

In Google Sheets underneath the Insert menu, you should see "Checkbox" listed. I wasn't aware that it would cause problems with other software though.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
In Google Sheets underneath the Insert menu, you should see "Checkbox" listed. I wasn't aware that it would cause problems with other software though.

I went back to Google Docs. "INSERT" is greyed out, probably because it's view only mode.

I did take the XLS downloaded version and updated the first column wtih checkboxes by doing a "insert special character" in OO and selecting a checkbox character.

Once I finish cleaning the rest of the checkbox columns from "FALSE" to checkbox characters later today, I"ll post it here for those that are having the same issues I am with your google docs downloaded copy.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I went back to Google Docs. "INSERT" is greyed out, probably because it's view only mode.

I did take the XLS downloaded version and updated the first column wtih checkboxes by doing a "insert special character" in OO and selecting a checkbox character.

Once I finish cleaning the rest of the checkbox columns from "FALSE" to checkbox characters later today, I"ll post it here for those that are having the same issues I am with your google docs downloaded copy.

Awesome :)

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
ok, here's the set building checklist in XLS format based on Phillip J. Fry's work with checkbox special character inserted into the checkbox column.

Attachments

• Set Building Checklist-checkbox version.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 3

Members online