Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Dont think I showed this since framing..Crap picture but its viewable lol.

796AB322-7611-45FA-AC57-4C8D788F5358-3493-000005928F65D8F3.jpg

Total investment: $140 ;)

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Nice jersey! I still need to frame my Spirits jersey of his. Just no room in this house.

Theyre a pain to display,I have a Chipper jersey on the other side of the wall,and a displaycabinet going in the middle in the next 2 weeks.They look great displayed,but size is a issue with them.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
The 'test superfractor' has caught up to Griffey,ones on ebay now.These supers are apparently cut from a sheet..Buyers beware,they are also not marked 1/1.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I have a safe deposit box. easily worth 40 bucks a year. Not only do i keep important documents and some extra cash (dont let them see you put it in, you are for some reason not allowed) but I have all my cards worth 500+ and those that i wouldnt be able to replace very easily. I dont go very often to look at them (thats what photobucket is for) but it is nice when i need one of the documents in the box and get to hold them!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I'm glad you all enjoyed seeing pics of my collection. GriffeyJr, you have some awesome stuff too! I really like the MVP Glove auto. I would love to pick up that one as well some day. That is your Ovation sigs rainbow numbered to 10? Amazing! I have never even seen one before. Any chance you would be willing to trade/sell it??? This should take you to my photobucket account: http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx160/murphy17kgj/

FriarG, thanks a lot. I have bought a few of these autos from you, so you have helped build up the collection. I'm still waiting on Topps to fulfill that Allen and Ginter Red auto so we can go through with our proposed trade. And yeah, perhaps one day I will have a display as nice as the great and powerful magicpapa, haha.

magicpapa - I bought the 2009 buyback. It is one of the blue autos and comes with the matching COA, and the hologram number falls in sequence with the others. A hundred or so pages ago on this forum, there was a thorough description regarding these, as well as how to easily spot a fake. So, I'm thankful for that, and it made me feel comfortable with my purchase. I also think I got a pretty good deal on it, and from the pics, it looks like it might be at least mint, possibly gem mint. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

I'll work on getting some more pics up on photobucket.

I never picked one of thoses up, I do have the 1999 /100 and the 2006 /15

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
The 'test superfractor' has caught up to Griffey,ones on ebay now.These supers are apparently cut from a sheet..Buyers beware,they are also not marked 1/1.

Saw that one - I have the stamped 1/1 super from 2010 topps chrome. Might think about getting the backdoored version for the heck of it. Depends how low he's willing to go...

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Saw that one - I have the stamped 1/1 super from 2010 topps chrome. Might think about getting the backdoored version for the heck of it. Depends how low he's willing to go...

So your one of the guys I was bidding against!haha,I wanna say I stopped at $400,sorry for bidding ya up though :(

It'd be worth it at a 'low price',granted theres no more than 5 of these,id imagine.

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
So your one of the guys I was bidding against!haha,I wanna say I stopped at $400,sorry for bidding ya up though :(

It'd be worth it at a 'low price',granted theres no more than 5 of these,id imagine.

lol, not to worry, I guarantee I probably caused you to spend a few more dollars than you otherwise would've as well. We Griffey collectors don't collude very well to keep our costs down :(

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
There's a sweet 09 Ultimate inscriptions auto /24 up right now that I'd buy if I had the cash. It's inscribed with "winning run 10-8-95", which is my birthday. What a great game that was. Does anyone know if there are different inscriptions in that set or if there might be another copy or two with this same inscription? I'm on my phone so can't link the auction, but its up with a $399 bin or BO.

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey

What he said... 24 cards have your bday inscription. The other inscriptions in the set are "MVP 97", "Seattle Son", "20 years" and "#24". [MENTION=2198]jpcz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3327]flarick[/MENTION] have 2 of the 3 possible sets.

Last edited:

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
FYI on that inscription card...it is very overpriced. Ive tracked every sale of the card, and the average sale price is 174. Theres actually 2 on ebay right now...one with a starting bid of 299 (which has never sold before) and the one you mentioned at 399OBO (which this person, unless sold again offline, purchased for $230.

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Theyre a pain to display,I have a Chipper jersey on the other side of the wall,and a displaycabinet going in the middle in the next 2 weeks.They look great displayed,but size is a issue with them.

Because of the size is why I'm glad a have a big office at work. They go nice in there.

IMG_0349.jpg

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
Do all of the Griffey inscriptions /3 from 2009 ultimate reside in this forum?

The "97 MVP"

Members online