Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Redemptions - What is Topps fulfillment process?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
In all seriousness, what is Topps fulfillment process for redemptions? What got me to really think about this is I am waiting on a 2014 Topps Museum Collection Albert Belle/Jim Rice dual auto /15 and I entered my code pretty close to the release date and was probably one of the first people to do so. Then a week or so ago I see the actual dual auto on Ebay! I check the Topps site and mine is still not shipped or anything? Okay, no problem... but it's still not shipped?

So what's the process, I know they have all 15 of these cards if they sent one out to a guy already... so when do they send mine? What is Topps process? Seems like if they got these cards in, they would then send them to all the people who have entered codes at the same time, right?

I know redemptions are a sore subject but what is their fulfillment process? It just seems very sporadic and all over the place.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Do you have other pending cards? I've heard they've been waiting to have more of an individual's redemptions in hand so they can ship in a single package.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Do you have other pending cards? I've heard they've been waiting to have more of an individual's redemptions in hand so they can ship in a single package.

Yes. Currently waiting on four Belle cards all from the same set and all entered into their system around the same time.

If that's the case, that's stupid. They owe me a damn card that they have. Like send me my damn card lol

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
whatever their process is, it's still flawed and anything they say is pulling an Obama. I redeemed a code when I saw the live card was getting commonly listed on ebay. Now it's been five weeks and no card received You'd think that being the only card they owe me and that it was live before I redeemed the code, it should have been in my hands 2 weeks later max.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Sorry to hear. I have a shipping label number from May 22nd with no pickup or scans after and no delivery date. Still two other redemptions pending as well

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
At the industry summit Topps announced that they were in the midst of moving all of their redemptions in house and that it would make the process much faster. WHAT A JOKE! 8 months ago I redeemed a 2011 Bowman chrome gold refractor auto of jose Fernandez. Yes, 2011. These have been live for 18 months or more. I JUST got it Friday. How does it take 8 months to get a card that has been live for 18 months????? Clown process bro

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
At the industry summit Topps announced that they were in the midst of moving all of their redemptions in house and that it would make the process much faster. WHAT A JOKE! 8 months ago I redeemed a 2011 Bowman chrome gold refractor auto of jose Fernandez. Yes, 2011. These have been live for 18 months or more. I JUST got it Friday. How does it take 8 months to get a card that has been live for 18 months????? Clown process bro

Here's the logic on that:

"It only took three years to redeem it, we're crushing his time by a few years. Also we had to destroy the ones he signed Tommy John. "

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore

I hope that's not the case. It wouldn't be fair they want to save on shipping when I've already spent my money on a product that should have had the card to begin with. Run on sentence? And if this is the case, they should throw in a free pack or two for inconvenience.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Ugh, that's terrible. I mean this dude gets his ASAP and I'm sitting around waiting. I just don't get it. The cards are in, how the hell do they not ship them out to those who have submitted the codes?! God I'm so confused.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Ugh, that's terrible. I mean this dude gets his ASAP and I'm sitting around waiting. I just don't get it. The cards are in, how the hell do they not ship them out to those who have submitted the codes?! God I'm so confused.

I made a post nearly identical to this a few months back about live redemptions hitting eBay while mine is still in the pending queue, glad to see I'm not the only one thoroughly confused by this "system". My RJ Tier One Acetate Bronze /25 remains in the job jar while someone's Silver /15 is in hand & listed.

I appreciate Topps doing the weekly update (http://toppscards.tumblr.com/) to let us know what they intend on shipping. But their software system does not seem to be the most advanced product out there, I'm thinking their schizophrenic way of fulfilling cards randomly stems from that.

Also I don't like the fact that their packages actually say 'TOPPS' on them, it's just telegraphing what is inside the package to the bad people. Would rather them say T.R.S. or something less transparent.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I made a post nearly identical to this a few months back about live redemptions hitting eBay while mine is still in the pending queue, glad to see I'm not the only one thoroughly confused by this "system". My RJ Tier One Acetate Bronze /25 remains in the job jar while someone's Silver /15 is in hand & listed.

I appreciate Topps doing the weekly update (http://toppscards.tumblr.com/) to let us know what they intend on shipping. But their software system does not seem to be the most advanced product out there, I'm thinking their schizophrenic way of fulfilling cards randomly stems from that.

Also I don't like the fact that their packages actually say 'TOPPS' on them, it's just telegraphing what is inside the package to the bad people. Would rather them say T.R.S. or something less transparent.

I had no idea about that Tumblr site/app, which is nice but not really what we're looking for. It's pretty funny to see a redemption on their latest list for a redemption from 2011! 2011... Um wow.

Also, I agree about the package being a little less screaming it's sports cards but nothing you can do. All my Amazon packages have HUGE Amazon logos on the boxes.

I sure hope my Belle shows up. This is getting frustrating.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I appreciate Topps doing the weekly update (http://toppscards.tumblr.com/) to let us know what they intend on shipping.

does topps respond or take action on redemption shipping inquiries?

I know when I see my panini redemption on their redemption update, if I don't have the card in hand in 2-3 weeks, I email them and they'll have it shipped quickly.

I am at 5 weeks with topps on my lone item that is a live card now (and I see from the blog link posted that Topps says 4-6 weeks to ship), so I wonder if I were to emai them in another 2 weeks, if my inquiry just goes to the spam folder or if they might actually ship it to me in a timely fashion.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Ive only had one redeemed redemption and it was redeemed and in my hand in a matter of 28 days. Dont know what your all moanin and groanin about? :D

In all seriousness, mine took 28 days and I know that, that isnt the common experience most have with the redemptions. I have read on other forums that Topps does wait for all of your redemptions to be filled at once rather than have to ship each individually.

Why not create a new account for each redemption being processed? Maybe their computers wont see the different accounts tied to the same address?

Fordman

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
In all seriousness, what is Topps fulfillment process for redemptions? What got me to really think about this is I am waiting on a 2014 Topps Museum Collection Albert Belle/Jim Rice dual auto /15 and I entered my code pretty close to the release date and was probably one of the first people to do so. Then a week or so ago I see the actual dual auto on Ebay! I check the Topps site and mine is still not shipped or anything? Okay, no problem... but it's still not shipped?

So what's the process, I know they have all 15 of these cards if they sent one out to a guy already... so when do they send mine? What is Topps process? Seems like if they got these cards in, they would then send them to all the people who have entered codes at the same time, right?

I know redemptions are a sore subject but what is their fulfillment process? It just seems very sporadic and all over the place.

http://youtu.be/EtbjlUMZ9lY

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Well I think Topps def trolls this site because this morning my redemption is now marked "shipped" but no additional info... lets see how long this takes. Still doesn't answer my question for why someone else received their card weeks before me. O well, it's a PC item and I wasn't going to flip it but if I was going to flip it, I'd be pissed I was left out to dry while someone else hit the market with it.

Now to wait on the other three Belle redemption's ::facepalm::

Members online

No members online now.