Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Rod strikes again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
To compare Arod, to two guys who handled their issues is Lunacy. A-rod Sued the Yankees, Sued The Players Union, Sued MLB. He is an ******......That's the bottom line

Those are all secondary issues to the PED use. He sued the Yankees because they're actively going through courts to try to reneg on the deal they gave him. He sued the Players Union because he did not feel that they acted on his behalf with his best interests in mind, which you would expect as an employee of your union. Again I'm not taking sides in anything after the PED use but just stating reality. The PED use, I'm strongly against.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Arod apologizes on the same day Anthony Bosch is sentenced to four years in prison.

I'm curious, what are the reactions regarding this sentence? I personally have no idea whether 4 years is throwing the book at him or letting him off the hook easy. To me it sounds like 4 years for supplying PEDs to Major Leaguers is a stiff penalty, but I don't know for sure.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I'm curious, what are the reactions regarding this sentence? I personally have no idea whether 4 years is throwing the book at him or letting him off the hook easy. To me it sounds like 4 years for supplying PEDs to Major Leaguers is a stiff penalty, but I don't know for sure.

Think it was close to the max. Didn't he also sell to minor's thought I heard that not sure though.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Those are all secondary issues to the PED use. He sued the Yankees because they're actively going through courts to try to reneg on the deal they gave him. He sued the Players Union because he did not feel that they acted on his behalf with his best interests in mind, which you would expect as an employee of your union. Again I'm not taking sides in anything after the PED use but just stating reality. The PED use, I'm strongly against.

I don't think you can dismiss how Giambi and Pettitte handled their situation. I believe it to be all related when the conversation includes AROD. What they all have in common is the PED use. Where they distance them selves and where AROD has a hard time understanding is the manner in which they handle their situation. I think that tif AROD came "clean" from the beginning we wouldn't be having this conversation nor would there be this much drama. Like mentioned, people have (for the most part) forgotten or have at least moved on from Giambi and Pettitte. They didn't create any more drama, they didn't throw their hands up screaming law suits. The quickly and quietly addressed it (though in a cryptic way) and allowed the press to do their thing and move on. But Alex is so concerned about his image and being something that he's not nor will ever be, that he didn't choose a way to resolve this wisely. He created a bigger problem for himself and his image.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Yankees leaked they were upset that he came early to spring training. So stupid i know they dont like him, but try and get along. He is not going anywhere.
Either that or pay the 61 million and say bye bye.
PS
I wonder who the could have signed with that money.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yankees leaked they were upset that he came early to spring training. So stupid i know they dont like him, but try and get along. He is not going anywhere.

Agreed , they are acting childish too. It won't do the team any good to keep fighting him or trying to shun him. He's there , move on, play ball

Ryan

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

Completely agree here - Arod has handled the entire situation horribly but I don't necessarily condone the way the Yankees went about some of the things too. They need to get focused on baseball and baseball only, especially after how their season last year went.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I don't think you can dismiss how Giambi and Pettitte handled their situation. I believe it to be all related when the conversation includes AROD. What they all have in common is the PED use. Where they distance them selves and where AROD has a hard time understanding is the manner in which they handle their situation. I think that tif AROD came "clean" from the beginning we wouldn't be having this conversation nor would there be this much drama. Like mentioned, people have (for the most part) forgotten or have at least moved on from Giambi and Pettitte. They didn't create any more drama, they didn't throw their hands up screaming law suits. The quickly and quietly addressed it (though in a cryptic way) and allowed the press to do their thing and move on. But Alex is so concerned about his image and being something that he's not nor will ever be, that he didn't choose a way to resolve this wisely. He created a bigger problem for himself and his image.

There's no doubt about that. I just think the main issue is that all three guys used PED's, so looking at it from a purely baseball perspective I don't think either of them is better than the other. When you bring the other factors in, from a fan perspective I understand why Giambi and Pettite are more likable than Arod because he acted like a very arrogant and selfish person, teammate, and MLBer. I think he just needs to put the whole ordeal behind him and move on, I understand that there are pending lawsuits but I'd like to see him not make any more public comments/actions on this and just play ball and let the court process handle itself. I would honestly like to see the Yanks do the same thing, but they've been just as bad as Arod recently in terms of keeping the attention away from purely baseball and the 2015 season.

Members online