Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
I don't have a problem with the back-doored 1/1s. I picked one up myself recently of Sandy Alomar Jr.
ultimate.jpg

Of course, as much as I like that one, it does not hold a candle to this card that I just recently received:
crusade.jpg
I now have all three of the Crusade cards.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
The guy selling the backdoored '99 Ultimate Victory non-numbered 1/1 parallels finally put the RJ up for auction and I snagged it for a fair price I thought, unless he has a dozen more copies. Nevertheless its rare and superfractor-like so I'm glad to own it.

View attachment 46924

Very nice...I've been going back and forth on the Jay Bell for the last couple weeks, but I just don't know if I can justify $75 on a backdoored (or whatever) card. The odds I ever find the real one are so slim, I feel like it may be worth it.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
Very nice...I've been going back and forth on the Jay Bell for the last couple weeks, but I just don't know if I can justify $75 on a backdoored (or whatever) card. The odds I ever find the real one are so slim, I feel like it may be worth it.

This was the thinking that eventually lead me to splurge on mine. No idea if I would ever see the real one.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
This was the thinking that eventually lead me to splurge on mine. No idea if I would ever see the real one.

Felt the same way before i got mine. Who knows if a real one will ever surface. Really nice in hand really pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Anybody know how tough these are or have a clue to how many of these got redeemed? I know I've seen the redemption card before...

1997 Pinnacle All-Star FanFest #FF 21 - Sandy Alomar Jr. Dufex
Courtesy of COMC.com

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
Anybody know how tough these are or have a clue to how many of these got redeemed? I know I've seen the redemption card before...

1997 Pinnacle All-Star FanFest #FF 21 - Sandy Alomar Jr. Dufex
Courtesy of COMC.com

You mean this redemption card?
front.jpg
I don't have any idea how many of these were redeemed. I don't think they are exceptionally rare. I have seen a number of the redeemed cards for sale. Far fewer of the redemption cards. Mine is the only one I have ever seen. I bought this off of COMC. I have had the redeemed card quite a bit longer.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
You mean this redemption card?
View attachment 46941
I don't have any idea how many of these were redeemed. I don't think they are exceptionally rare. I have seen a number of the redeemed cards for sale. Far fewer of the redemption cards. Mine is the only one I have ever seen. I bought this off of COMC. I have had the redeemed card quite a bit longer.

Thats the one! Curious, where does it say they need to be redeemed?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013

I was in a different boat. I have the original 1/1 and when the (back door) popped up I was going back and forth whether or not I should add it. I pulled the trigger after a good while when I thought the listing ended and I lost it I was pissed I didn't do it when I thought the card sold but it just ended without a bid. It got relisted and my offer was met.
Real 1/1
1999UltimateVictoryParallel1of175S1.jpg

Backdoor
image_2.jpg

Parallel to his jersey number 21/100
1999UltimateVictoryParallel10075021.jpg

Rainbow
1999UltimateVictoryRainbow.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
1998 Topps Gallery Printing Plate Back Magenta. First Cirillo pickup in forever and my first '98 plate. Sweet, even if it is a back plate
052hx693.jpeg

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
So 1990 was 25 years ago. In 1990 a 25 year old card was a 1965 card. Back then in 1990 a 1965 card was called VINTAGE! So my take is we should change this thread to Oh Super Sweet 90's Vintage Inserts. That would be a hoot!

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014

The guy actually listed some for auction... 99 cents and no reserve. I was able to get my guy (Mo Vaughn) for under $40. The ones he's unable to sell for his BIN, I expect to see at auction. Be patient. (a few lesser names sold for under $10)

shadowking86

May 13, 2014
The guy actually listed some for auction... 99 cents and no reserve. I was able to get my guy (Mo Vaughn) for under $40. The ones he's unable to sell for his BIN, I expect to see at auction. Be patient. (a few lesser names sold for under $10)

That is annoying. I finally bought mine a few weeks ago and could have paid much less for it.

Members online