Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sell or hold on Joc Pederson?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
His prices are the highest they've been since several months ago.
I'm holding 3 2012 BC base autos and 2 ref autos.
They also have good signatures (I've noted many of these cards have weak signatures).
Should I wait to see how he does in the minors or sell now?
This is one of my better investments, as I have about $25 in all 5 cards.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Nice. I don't follow Joc closely but I would think you should at least sell a few of them. Bank some profit and let a couple of them ride. I would also be hesitant to hold getting close to the AS break as Joc is a trade candidate with the crowded Dodgers outfield.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
I've just relisted some of my stuff and I've been getting a lot of interest. I'm holding fast to my target prices as it seems to me that there's some hype possible here short term. I'd consider listing part of what you have to book some profits but I wouldn't move everything just yet.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Sell if you can make profit. That OF is going to be hard to crack.

I think injuries might make it easier to crack than one might think but I also think that the Dodgers would try to avoid starting the clock on Pederson's service time all else being equal.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Sell 2 base and 1 refractor to get your money back and hold onto the two best looking cards for possible grading.

Sent from my BOOMSTICK!

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I'd list a few as well. Base autos creeping up near $30. I think there is room for even more movement if he continues his solid spring, but you might as well cash out on a few of those now.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I think injuries might make it easier to crack than one might think but I also think that the Dodgers would try to avoid starting the clock on Pederson's service time all else being equal.

Matt Kemp - Signed thru 2019, back-ended deal
Carl Crawford - Signed thru 2017, back-ended deal
Yasiel Puig - Signed thru 2018
Andre Ethier - Signed thru 2017, club option for 2018

Now, even if Ether gets moved, there's no way they're dealing Puig and it would be very improbable anyone picks up Crawford's or Kemp's super-contracts which are back-ended. Sell.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/nl-west/los-angeles-dodgers/

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I sold about 40 of his autos over the last few months. I held one gold and one orange for larger gains. I bought around 6-9 per base and 14-16 per ref. Sold the base around $22-25 apiece and the Refs for $33-$50 each. I'm more than free and clear on him so I'm fine with holding out on the gold and orange because I think he's going to put up another big time season.

IMO the LA outfield situation is irrelevant until he's ready for the Majors. I think he will be a June call-up at the earliest, which means he has a couple months to tear up the Minors and for the hype (and prices) to keep building.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I sold about 40 of his autos over the last few months. I held one gold and one orange for larger gains. I bought around 6-9 per base and 14-16 per ref. Sold the base around $22-25 apiece and the Refs for $33-$50 each. I'm more than free and clear on him so I'm fine with holding out on the gold and orange because I think he's going to put up another big time season.

IMO the LA outfield situation is irrelevant until he's ready for the Majors. I think he will be a June call-up at the earliest, which means he has a couple months to tear up the Minors and for the hype (and prices) to keep building.
I like this answer. I have never been a play it safe kind of guy. Here's to him having a big April and May.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
I had someone hit the BIN on one of my 2010 EEE listings today and I never expected to get the full price on it (/25 card) so if you are ready to move anything don't settle for a price below where you think it might go :)

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Well I'm glad I haven't sold! The guy is absolutely destroying it at AAA.
His last game he was 4-4 with 2 HR and 5 RBI.
His prices are the highest I've ever seen.

Members online

Latest posts