Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Upper Deck Special FX Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
What's the word [MENTION=6164]DeliciousBacon[/MENTION], any more info on those cards?

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Woah.

Those are the only F/X cards he has listed at the moment. Can't wait to see if more turn up.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I assume these are related to the lots Bacon found. Upper Deck employee, printing employee, or dumpster diver? Kinda sucks regardless, I loved that set. I liked that they were unnumbered as well, though now maybe I wish they were!

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
How's this for evidence?! Yikes.

http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/2006/Upper_Deck_Special_FX_Blue/258/Nelson_Cruz/7981940

78 listed from the same seller, I have 3 and @SINFULONE has another.

If I wanted to blow $50, I'd pick them all up just for evidence.

I don't get how something like this stays unders wraps for 8+ years with no evidence of anything of the sort until only a few short months ago. Leads me to believe these "extras" are of only certain players and isolated incidents. I'd be interested to know if the seller of the Cruz is the same owner of the other large lots Deliciousbacon saw. Backdoored product seems the only logical answer to this.

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
Saw that one - mislabeled a base. I picked these up last week:

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

Does anyone have a scan of the base Special F/X Cruz? It has been a long time since I dealt with the set, but I seem to remember that there were a number of base cards that had a blueish background and the only way to figure out the difference between the base and the blue was a side by side comparison. If my memory isn't faulty on this and it isn't just scanner reflection, the top two Cruz are probably base and the bottom is the blue. It would also explain why so may "blues" per player have popped up.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Does anyone have a scan of the base Special F/X Cruz? It has been a long time since I dealt with the set, but I seem to remember that there were a number of base cards that had a blueish background and the only way to figure out the difference between the base and the blue was a side by side comparison. If my memory isn't faulty on this and it isn't just scanner reflection, the top two Cruz are probably base and the bottom is the blue. It would also explain why so may "blues" per player have popped up.

I compared to the scanned base on COMC. They look distinctively different.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009

Even if they were base, 78 copies of a single player would be a huge amount. Probably less than 30 Gomes base have ever been listed on any of the main sites; I buy every one I see now (hoping that, as you say, someone will misidentify a blue as a base), and yet only have about 12.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Even if they were base, 78 copies of a single player would be a huge amount. Probably less than 30 Gomes base have ever been listed on any of the main sites; I buy every one I see now (hoping that, as you say, someone will misidentify a blue as a base), and yet only have about 12.

Have you found anymore boxes to break?

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Have you found anymore boxes to break?

Good timing! I just sent a couple emails to guys with boxes for sale asking if they have any more. I think there are at least four boxes for sale online at the moment:

$73
$129
$95
$70

I'm going try to find some more boxes, see if the guy at $129 will come down, and then put something together.

Edited to add: Anyone have any other leads on unopened product?

Members online

Latest posts