Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cincinnati Reds' Ryan Freel - Dead at the age of 36

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Are you for real? Do you have any idea what guy was probably going through?

Yes i am serious. Suicide is XXXXing selfish.

As someone, who lost his cousin to suicide 20 years ago at age 27 on his 27th birthday also. He, I and my Brother were very close. He was an only child but was more like our brother then a cousin .

I'm with Eric on this one, your selfish for killing yourself. And to this day my aunt still does not attend many family functions since he was her only child, and was divorced at the time he ended his life and she still blames herself for failing at her marriage, and as a parent to my cousin.

Last edited:

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
And now what his little girl will be going through the rest of her life. Guess he did not care about that!

He must have been pretty sick to let it come down to that don't ya think? Sad he couldn't/didn't get the help he needed for him or is family. I'm sorry that he didn't. It's blows my mind when people are so quick to judge others. The internet is full of *********.

Last edited:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Suicide is the most selfish act a person can commit. End of story. I don't care what he was going through or dealing with. His act ruined the rest of his wife and daughters lives along with many others. There a millions who suffer with mental illness and depression, but battle trough it. My hat goes off to those folks.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Whether I have or not or the Captain has or not has no bearing on you telling him or anyone else how they are supposed to feel and react to suicide.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
While I do understand both sides of the argument, at the end of the day Ryan Freel is still a human, and is still dead. No one on this board (including myself) knows what he was going through in order to influence this tragic decision. To call him a "selfish motherXXXXer" after such an event, in my opinion is low. However that is simply my opinion.

No shat, great way of putting it.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Suicide is the most selfish act a person can commit. End of story. I don't care what he was going through or dealing with. His act ruined the rest of his wife and daughters lives along with many others. There a millions who suffer with mental illness and depression, but battle trough it. My hat goes off to those folks.

I agree. While I wouldn't go so far as to use TBP's insensitive language, I agree with his sentiment.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
While I tend to agree that suicide is selfish, we don't know Freel's situation.

Completely speculating but maybe Ryan was scared of himself and what he could do. If he truly thought he could end up hurting others including his family, he might have done the most unselfish thing to give them a chance.

The use of the term selfish is only useful when looking back on the tragedy in hindsight. What if Adam Lanza would have simply taken his 1 bullet before ever leaving his house?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
He must have been pretty sick to let it come down to that don't ya think? Sad he couldn't/didn't get the help he needed for him or is family. I'm sorry that he didn't. It's blows my mind when people are so quick to judge others. The internet is full of *********.

Judge others? He killed himself! ********? Guess you are correct,he killed himself.

Latest posts