Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball Mount Rushmore - Who you got!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Here we go, who is on your Baseball Mount Rushmore if you had to carve it up in a mountain today!? Are any linked to PEDs? Are any current players in the league? Are all from the Yankee? Will anyone leave Babe Ruth off?

Thought this would be fun. We've done this a few times via "our team" but couldn't find one for all-time baseball and it's tough just picking 4! Picture at the bottom in case you have NO idea what Mount Rushmore is ;)

As a fun reference, here is ESPN's Top 25 Players (in order) out of their Hall of 100:

1. Babe Ruth
2. Willie Mays
3. Barry Bonds
4. Ted Williams
5. Hank Aaron
6. Ty Cobb
7. Roger Clemens
8. Stan Musial
9. Mickey Mantle
10. Honus Wagner
11. Lou Gehrig
12. Walter Johnson
13. Greg Maddux
14. Rickey Henderson
15. Roger Hornsby
16. Albert Pujols
17. Mike Schmidt
18. Cy Young
19. Alex Rodriguez
20. Joe Morgan
21. Joe DiMaggio
22. Frank Robinson
23. Randy Johnson
24. Tom Seaver
25. Tris Speaker

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
As for myself, it'd be:

Babe Ruth
Cy Young
Ted Williams
Ty Cobb

IMO - Can't put anyone linked to PEDs up there. Just couldn't do it. I also couldn't put any current players but I'm sure Mo, Jeter and Pujols will show up on some people's Mountains :)

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I could live with the top 4, personally: Ruth, Mays, Bonds, Williams
However, after thinking a little more, we'd need a little more variety.
Mays and Bonds are virtual clones, and although Bonds would be my choice personally, Mays would be better globally.
That brings Aaron into the mix, which I like!
So now I have Ruth, Mays, Williams, Aaron
I tried to think of a pitcher to exchange in, but no pitcher would make my Rushmore over these four guys.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
My Mount Rushmore on a clean granite mountain would be:

Rickey Henderson
Babe Ruth
Sandy Koufax
Mickey Mantle
Bob Gibson
Ken Griffey Jr.
Cal Ripken Jr.
Ted Williams
Ty Cobb

Carve them up on the mountain side-by-side like it was a close up of their faces during a pre-game All Star Game introduction along the baseline.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I could live with the top 4, personally: Ruth, Mays, Bonds, Williams
However, after thinking a little more, we'd need a little more variety.
Mays and Bonds are virtual clones, and although Bonds would be my choice personally, Mays would be better globally.
That brings Aaron into the mix, which I like!
So now I have Ruth, Mays, Williams, Aaron
I tried to think of a pitcher to exchange in, but no pitcher would make my Rushmore over these four guys.
Yea, I got stuck on all power hitters and then had to change it up a bit and you have to have a pitcher in there I think, so I though Cy Young because the award is named after him, etc. Plus just stupid crazy numbers lol

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
How many can we have? Just 4?

This notice is required by law.
Yea, Mount Rushmore has 4 faces and I think 4 is the limit but what the hell, if you want to be like [MENTION=2726]rsmath[/MENTION] and do a smaller face Mount Rushmore, go for it! Just like sticking to 4 or less because it's tough and makes you be decisive but I don't care, it's for fun.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Aaron, Ruth, Mays and Mantle for me.

But I'd have NO problem if someone wanted to switch Jackie Robinson or Roberto Clemente in for any of those besides Ruth...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Except for [MENTION=4189]elmalo[/MENTION], doesn't look like anyone has left Ruth off their Mount Rushmore... I mean how could you!

Members online

Latest posts