Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

☆☆☆☆☆ Freezing Tuesday Morning Thread 1-28 ☆☆☆☆☆

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Wish me luck guys.

Tried to find the nicest button down shirt I could, also a brand new pair of pants and a belt.

I also found and reviewed some tips online that will hopefully work.

Finally a COMC mailday! Requested 62 cards shipped on January 2, they took four days to package, and it arrived today. Three to four weeks is pretty typical, but for the $3 flat rate I'm not complaining. Bought the cards between August and December so I forget what might even be in there. It'll be a fun "box break" for sure this evening.

View attachment 29353

- Rodrick

Good afternoon guys!
@Hawk8 Dustin, I got your care package the other day. Very nice! Gonna open up those programs, take my Bagwell pages then send the Biggios to Nick, and Darryl Kile to the Kile collector, and Billy Wagner to Klute... Now I just need addresses...

This little bit of snow in South Alabama shuts everything down. Work has closed down for 2 days because of this. I know! It's crazy ! View attachment 29360

I used to do that too when shipping consisted of a base rate plus a per-card fee. I'd only get 5-10 shipped at a time. Now that it's just a flat $3 I try to get cards shipped about every 4 or 5 months. Sometimes you just want the cards in-hand, so waiting can be a killer!

Still sorting and cataloguing the cards, but here are some I bought for my JP Arencibia PC. I like putting together rainbows! :)

View attachment 29366
View attachment 29367

- Rodrick

Love rainbows, nice pickups!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Evening Gents! It was a quick and busy weekend. Ended up pickling some garlic, cucumbers, pepperoncinis, kumquats and radishes with a couple of our close friends on Sunday. Yesterday was spent at the dentist and cleaning up the kitchen finished by relaxing a bit. Today is my "Monday" but it has flown by and only 1 hour left before going home :) Some really great cards and memorabilia being posted today and yesterday!!! Congrats to everyone with the pickups!!!

CALLING ALEX

Which one?

A_Pharis

I just can't - for the life of me - win a Satchel Paige sweet spot jersey piece.

I set snipes that should be in good range of winning, and I always fall short. If I don't bid - they go for way under (by a good $10 or so).

Does anyone here have one they'd be willing to trade or sell?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Comc has a wait to ship feature? I could see if you were stocking up on base/inserts/parallels. Should have mail from them and Beckett marketplace when I get home.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So Belle has showed up a little in the 2014 Topps but before Beckett adds those to Belle's checklist, I'm 0.8% away from 90%! LOL.... I think he only has like 6 cards or something in the release but if there are printing plates and 1/1s and stuff, then that'll double or triple... either way, I'm the closest I've ever been to 90%, which I've been considering 100% for myself ;)

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Home from Dr appointment, and hitting the sack. It's been a long day. Didn't get any news I wanted, or an answer. Did have labs ran, and have to schedule a sleep study. The lab will determine which part of my body is the reason for my testosterone drop. Depending on the reason, I will have to get an MRI or sonogram. If it's the sonogram, I only hope it's a cute nurse :)

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
So Belle has showed up a little in the 2014 Topps but before Beckett adds those to Belle's checklist, I'm 0.8% away from 90%! LOL.... I think he only has like 6 cards or something in the release but if there are printing plates and 1/1s and stuff, then that'll double or triple... either way, I'm the closest I've ever been to 90%, which I've been considering 100% for myself ;)

Congrats, if they don't release any 1/1s or printing plates then obtaining the six new cards should inch you closer to 90%

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Hoping to work something out with a guy who started collecting JJ last summer on BO. It'll be a piecework thing, since funds will be tight for the rest of my life.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Hoping to work something out with a guy who started collecting JJ last summer on BO. It'll be a piecework thing, since funds will be tight for the rest of my life.

Who in their right mind would do that? That JJ guy has never been any good ;) :lol: I hope it all goes well for you and JJ. It would be nice to see a rebound year from JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts