Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Remember when...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not card related, but I thought about this thread today in my truck when I was driving home and someone requested a couple "lost classic" songs, thinking it might be difficult for the DJ to play them. I laughed when I heard the songs, Uriah Heep "Stealin" and Easy Livin". This guy must still be living back in the day before iTunes, you tube and other ways to hear just about any song ever made! Remember when….if there was a difficult to find song, your only chance to hear it was to hope you caught it on the radio.

I remember searching high and low for Stealin in the 80s and finally locating this expensive import record that contained the song. I bought it on the spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73OsXo19vI

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Remember when you went to the candy aisle of a drug store to find cards, not a whole aisle at Walmart or a hobby shop? And for some reason they always seemed to be near the candy cigarettes?
I absolutely remember. JJ Newberry's in Astoria OR was my "LCS" in the late '70s. I also remember the candy cigarettes - Pell Mell was one of the "brands". Can't recall any of the others right now.

Remember when you carried a hand-written wantlist to the card show in your local high school gym or armory?

Remember when you marked the boxes on your checklist cards to keep track of your needs?

Remember when cinnamon toothpicks were the rage in junior high?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Remember when, during baseball season, you'd actually ask your mom to buy you Corn Flakes instead of Lucky Charms?

a08adc59f1aabb5c318a47199e648f17.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
You used to search rak pak boxes looking for stars and rookies showing?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Remember when you could purchase factory sets from all the manufacturers of that year's releases?

Good memories to me were pre-ordering the Topps, Fleer, Donruss (and then Score when they came into being) from my LCS in the junk-wax era 80's and then was really excited going over to the shop after school when the LCS would call to say one of the factory sets came in. Picked it up, got home, sorted the cards into numerical order and then enjoyed them.

Remember when there were also factory sets for traded and highlights and rookies? Also great times, especially when I didn't buy some of them on purpose so I could put it on my Christmas wish list and open them up/enjoy them on christmas day!

Members online

Latest posts