Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AROD - here we go again..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Gio is getting blasted on Twitter...no real surprise there. Clearly we have a lot of people out there that lack reading comprehension. The article I read made it clear that the connection to Gio was his Father.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Gio is getting blasted on Twitter...no real surprise there. Clearly we have a lot of people out there that lack reading comprehension. The article I read made it clear that the connection to Gio was his Father.

I guess he was pretty smart for having his dad get his roids.

Heres what baseball needs to do:

1st time: Year+Playoffs BAN+No pay
2nd time: Lifetime ban

No excuses

These players dont care about 50 games...They can go on vacation...Go play golf..Do whatever the hell they want...Hang out with thier family...

MLB Doesnt care if the players are using PEDs based on the current system they have in place.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I don't condone any of ARod's actions in the past or present but I do player collect him. I started way back when and was in way too deep to give up. Maybe now people holding onto the cards I need will come off of them in auction format so I don't continue to get myself in a deeper hole.

As for the issue at hand, I believe a more stringent player testing system would suffice. Standing on the outside, we as fans make it easy to come up with new rules for the player's association. As someone mentioned, it is going to be very difficult to pass severe penalties pass the union. I wish the characters of those making these decisions were stronger. Maybe these continued acts of negligence will motivate stricter policies. I hope so for everyone involved, legit, clean players, owners, and fans.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Y' all do realize that you can be in a cycle and pass the MLB testing, right? You don't even have to hide if ir anything. The testing is a joke and is not meant to catch anyone.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

No excuses

These players dont care about 50 games...They can go on vacation...Go play golf..Do whatever the hell they want...Hang out with thier family...

MLB Doesnt care if the players are using PEDs based on the current system they have in place.

+1

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

No excuses

Maybe they can throw them in jail for life. You do know that steroids are also against the law, right? So going off of your post in another thread about law-breakers...

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
The best solution is this:

1st offense - half season suspension at no pay

2nd offense - full season suspension and your contract gets voided

3rd offense - lifetime ban

Would it be hard to get the MLBPA to agree? Yes. However, the current penalties clearly aren't dissuading anyone Hit 'me where it hurts - in the wallet - and they'll start playing by the rules more often.

Greg

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
The MLB needs to tighten up the consequences for doping. Instead of a 50 game suspension, how about 100. If you get caught again, 162 game Suspension. 3rd time, You're out. It is obvious that the Players do not respect the current one in place,willing to test the system.

How about arresting them for using an illegal drug like everyone else.

oh wait...they're privileged athletes, my bad.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
And now at least everyone can pretty much without a doubt say that Selig hasn't done jack to clean up the game. Seriously though, given the fact that the cheats are one step ahead, I don't think this can of worms will be closed anytime soon. Just too hard to do. But it still shows that baseball is content to do only as much as they have to as long as the fans perceive the game as clean. They do not go the extra step nor are they proactive.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
And now at least everyone can pretty much without a doubt say that Selig hasn't done jack to clean up the game. Seriously though, given the fact that the cheats are one step ahead, I don't think this can of worms will be closed anytime soon. Just too hard to do. But it still shows that baseball is content to do only as much as they have to as long as the fans perceive the game as clean. They do not go the extra step nor are they proactive.

This whole thing is them doing something. Players are being suspended all the time and they are always looking into stuff like this. I'm not sure what more you want MLB to do? All they can do is test and keep their ear to the ground.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
How about arresting them for using an illegal drug like everyone else.

oh wait...they're privileged athletes, my bad.
In fairness, if you test positive for an illegal drug during a random drug test at your work, the cops aren't going to come and take you away.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
This whole thing is them doing something. Players are being suspended all the time and they are always looking into stuff like this. I'm not sure what more you want MLB to do? All they can do is test and keep their ear to the ground.

i agree there not going to stop it. just burn anyone they catch.

Members online

Latest posts